Can I run UE 4

I am my team have been working on our FPS. I have read loads of the Wiki watched many tutorials. I have also done screen shares with my team. So I have a great understanding of the engine already. I am ready to get the beast now but may need to save up some cash for some new hardware. Tell me what you guys think. My PC is 4 years old now mind you. :frowning:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: AMD Athlon™ II X2 250 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 7168MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Monitor Name: HP x20LED Series Wide LCD Monitor
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.000Hz)
Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
Display Memory: 4049 MB
Dedicated Memory: 977 MB
Shared Memory: 3071 MB

Very weak, your gpu is weaker than a Intel HD 4000. Unreal engine 4 also requires a gtx 470 or higher and a quad core processor. You might be able to get away and run it at low with a low fps like 10-30 fps

Have been working on a game using Unity3d (just completed the first level), and started reading about what is going on with Unreal. I do about half my work at home in the evenings on a decent desktop (i7 12 gigs ram, nvidia gtx 770, etc) and about half on a Lenovo Yoga (i5, 4 gigs of ram, intel HD 4000, etc) during my lunch break. Similar to the original poster I am interested in possibly moving over to Unreal, but it’s not clear if I can do so without losing half my development time…

If I try to setup on the Yoga is it going to be too frustrating?

I am able to run Cry Engine just fine so I hope UE 4 will be just as fine. Thanks for the info!

@anonymous_user_1317cbcc

Try using a remote desktop from work to your computer at home. I think some people are using it that way.

Umm… that would blow my data plan (if I tether), and company takes a dim view (i.e. blocks) doing so using their WiFi. I just thought that if I was able to run Unity I might also be able to run Unreal, but guess I’ll have to wait until I can afford a bit beefier laptop :slight_smile:

to start working comfortably: i7 4770 + 32Gb Ram + SSD + GTX780ti … less is impossible

That isn’t exactly true. I run an AMD Phenom II 830 quad core 2.8 ghz, 8gb RAM with a superclocked Geforce GTX 660 and sit comfortably with max settings at an average of 50-60 fps. Currently my machine isn’t much to write home about, but it gets the job done. You don’t have to break the bank to run the editor/games with decent fps.

I know I will need a PC upgrade, its 4 years old and tech goes outdated like every 6 months lol! :frowning:

This is so not true. I run perfectly on an ATIV book 8… laptop FAR below those specs… Seems by this guys posting history he trolls the engine.

Use a VPN?