Download

Can I change Landscape mobility? How can I move the Landscape?

So, Is it possible to change the Landscape mobility (Created by landscape tool)? I want to use set actor location (in level blueprint), to move the landscape to a certain location, but when I do it, nothing change. Thats probably because the mobility is set to Static, right? Can I change it? Is there any other way to move it?

I think it’s supposed to be static, it is a landscape after all…

You might get more mileage by thinking about it in another way.

How big does the land have to be, can it just be a large mesh?

Can you have a landscape with a mesh overlaying only the part near the player and give the impression the whole thing is moving?

That makes sense… hehe

The thing is… I was trying to make a type of terrain that keeps on spawning! But without the “spawning”. Instead I was trying to “teleport” a second landscape to connect with the other one. This is possible with mesh components, but I was trying to get the same result using the landscape mesh, that gives me more options to include some features that I was thinking in the future.

Thanks for the reply though!

Meshes are the only way iirc… You can find example projects on youtube of infinite landscapes through spawned meshes. They lack the detail of landscapes though… There is an example project in Community Tools though, which attempts to extend a landscape through a teleporting trick and / or streaming tiles etc.

That’s a pity! I was going for the landscape mehs, because I wanted to use the new blueprint brushes, that makes procedural spawning a lot easier. It is also easier to spawn folliage

But thanks for the reply!