can anyone recomend a good laptop

So at the moment i am learning how to use UE4 and loving it. My dad has generously offered to buy me a new lap top as a programer himself he understands how you need the right tools for the job. He has also let me use part of his office so that I can learn and develop in piece away from all the distractions of home. So can anyone recommended a good lap top for development?

I was thinking of something like this:

://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LLE6RCE/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0HVXWMAPE460412ERY5H&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

Thanks

I don’t have too much experience with laptops but my work laptop (Dell Precision M4800) works great with unreal engine at least.

You need a dedicated GPU for unreal and I wouldn’t recommend anything less than an 870M to be honest, you can get away with less it just depends what you’re doing.

thats a bit out of mp price range I am looking at a budget of £600.00

Even my Laptop with an Intel hd 4400 runs the engine on low settings with 40fps …
the question is are you looking for a huge 6kg desktop replacement with ~20min akku runtime or something thin and light where the akku holds a day.

something thin and light but it must have a good graphics card and a modem processor

This thread may help you decide. It has performance benchmarks for large number of laptop and desktop configurations.

Also, see this threadwhich asks the same question.

would this be a good one

://www.novatech.co.uk/laptop/range/novatechnspiren1593.html

As I mentioned in the other thread, I would recommend you my laptop: Lenovo Ideapad Y580 Here in Austria it’s just a little bit over your price limit :slight_smile: