Can a blueprint actor in the world 'absorb' other actors in the world as its own components?

Can a blueprint actor in the world ‘absorb’ other actors in the world as its own components?

In a blueprint actor, usually, you add components to it, stuff that can be added into the world. Sky elements, lights, static meshes and so on.

Say I have a blueprint actor which I place in the world.
I have seen that you can pick objects from the world if you create instance variables that are of the type references to objects.

I am particularly interested in the picking mechanism. Can you pick actors in the world, and then make them part of the blueprint actor where the picker is? It doesn’t matter if it creates a copy of the picked actor or if it completely absorbs it = erase the source instance from the world while putting a copy inside the picking blueprint actor.

Maybe the AttachActorToActor function in Blueprint might be helpful for you. If you pick an actor, this actor can call that function to attach himself to for example the player as parent actor.

Calling this from within my Duck Pawn, it attaches to the player pawn. Reporting all child components from the player shows up the duck static mesh component:

LogBlueprintUserMessages: [BP_DuckPawn_2] Player component: Arrow
LogBlueprintUserMessages: [BP_DuckPawn_2] Player component: CharacterMesh0
LogBlueprintUserMessages: [BP_DuckPawn_2] Player component: AudioComp
LogBlueprintUserMessages: [BP_DuckPawn_2] Player component: Camera
LogBlueprintUserMessages: [BP_DuckPawn_2] Player component: DuckMesh
LogBlueprintUserMessages: [BP_DuckPawn_2] Player component: StaticMeshComponent_0
LogBlueprintUserMessages: [BP_DuckPawn_2] Player component: DrawFrustumComponent_0

Maybe the AttachActorToActor function in Blueprint might be helpful for you. If you pick an actor, this actor can call that function to attach himself to for example the player as parent actor.

Edit: suddenly my answer is not visible any more, waiting for moderator approval - might be because of the html statements I did add for a list of the output - posting here again without these…