CameraBoom == NULL? (resolved)

Ive recently updated from 4.14 to 4.17.
The CameraBoom exists in the editor, but its “details” tab is blank.
This is how the CameraBoom is setup in the constructor for my pawn:

// Create a camera boom...
        CameraBoom = CreateDefaultSubobject<USpringArmComponent>(TEXT("CharacterCameraBoom"));
        CameraBoom->SetupAttachment(RootComponent);
        CameraBoom->bAbsoluteRotation = true; // Don't want arm to rotate when character does
        CameraBoom->TargetArmLength = 20000.f;
        CameraBoom->RelativeRotation = FRotator(-60.f, 0.f, 0.f);
        CameraBoom->bDoCollisionTest = false; // Don't want to pull camera in when it collides with level

At no point do I ever manually destroy the CameraBoom, but I do detach it using DetachFromComponent().

In my pawn’s Tick(), CameraBoom is Null for some reason.
The player’s view ends up stuck at 0,0,0 and obviously can’t control it(since CameraBoom doesn’t exist).
This setup worked before the update to 4.17.

Did I setup the constructor wrong?
Does DetachFromComponent() destroy the component it detaches?
Did something change in Components between 4.14 and 4.17 that might be causing this?

EDIT:
I got it working after changing:

CameraBoom = CreateDefaultSubobject<USpringArmComponent>(TEXT("CharacterCameraBoom"));

to:

CameraBoom = CreateDefaultSubobject<USpringArmComponent>(TEXT("CameraBoom"));

This naming difference didn’t cause a problem in older versions, and its not that big a deal for me to change, but is there a particular reason why it would prevent the proper setting of CameraBoom?

I have the same issue but I have set it up like this from start CameraBoom = CreateDefaultSubobject<USpringArmComponent>(TEXT("CameraBoom"));. For me the issue went away after naming CameraBoom to CameraBoom1. I’m curious as to what this naming change actually changes under the hood.

In the Third Person Template project, the camera boom is set up exactly the same way and it’s not casing problems there.

I’ve got the same issue.
I tried different manipulations with BP (recreate, reparent, etc.) but it didn’t work.

Rename variables helped. It looks very strange…