Download

Building Mac UE4Editor with release/shipping configuration

Hello,

I’m trying to build the UE4Editor Mac app in a configuration that mimics that of the official releases, so that I can package up the application and copy it to computer labs using automated tools deploying.

Following the current instructions on the GitHub readme I have no problem getting a working Debug build, but I can’t copy the built app and its frameworks anywhere else. For one, I get an error where it can’t load the CEF framework:

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @rpath/Chromium Embedded Framework.framework/Chromium Embedded Framework
  Referenced from: /Volumes/VOLUME/UE4Editor.app/Contents/MacOS//UE4Editor-WebBrowser.dylib
  Reason: image not found

I see that the GenerateProjectFiles has its own “Development” configuration hardcoded, but I’m not seeing many alternate configurations there which would make sense. Is there a set of configuration or environment variables I can set when running these initial setup scripts that will let me generate Xcode projects which will have a typical “release” setting that will let me build an all-in-one product?

Thanks!