Bug when Copy-Pasting of Local Variable in Function

I’m currently making a workaround for the missing sound manipulation system in UE4 using Blueprints.

So I’ve made 10 Sound Mix objects that I switch between but I need this functionality in more than one place so I thought I’d make a Function Library and do it that way. So inside the library I make the function I’ve already made once by just copy pasting from the function I had in my HUD to the Library so I could adjust it.

First problem arise when I need to make a local variable in the new function by right clicking one of my “Set ReturnMix” nodes and choose “Make Local Variable”. Doing this crashes the editor.

Second problem arise when I instead just painstakingly redo the entire function from scratch in the library I’m trying to make. So I pull out a reference to the ReturnMix variable I got so I can set a new value. I have a switch node that goes through 11 different cases so I need 11 of these nodes. So I copy the set node and paste it. I do this 11 times. Then I hook up the Switch and press compile. Now I’m told that the blueprint can’t find my local variable.

http://puu.sh/kDXOQ/56dcc298cb.png

As seen in the picture above all of them throws a warning. How did I solve this? I have to manually pull 11 references from the variable panel out to the left using Alt + Left Click to drag the Set nodes out. I don’t believe the two behaviors listed above are intended.

Hello Vipar,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any other blueprints that may be involved with this issue?

Hello Vipar,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.