Bug 572: Sketchfab upload ignores temp folder setting

Hi,

I have a small SSD as my C drive, and two large hard drives for data storage. I’ve set the RC temp folder setting to a location on one of the large drives.

Trying the new sketchfab upload facility, I get an error message saying that a folder on C can’t be created. The immediate parent doesn’t exist - creating it solves the problem, but does mean the SSD is being used for these files.

I think the RC temp folder setting should be respected for temporary upload files.

Hamish

Hamish Harvey wrote:

Hi,

I have a small SSD as my C drive, and two large hard drives for data storage. I’ve set the RC temp folder setting to a location on one of the large drives.

Trying the new sketchfab upload facility, I get an error message saying that a folder on C can’t be created. The immediate parent doesn’t exist - creating it solves the problem, but does mean the SSD is being used for these files.

I think the RC temp folder setting should be respected for temporary upload files.

Hamish

Hello Hamish,
thank you for reporting this.
We have discussed this and we all agree that you are right. We will implement this as soon as possible.