Bringing back UDK Fluid Surface Actor

Is there a way to bring back the fluid surface actor that was in UDK (and working really well from our experiments) into U4?

I am aware of this thread: Project: FluidSurface Plugin - Engine Source & GitHub - Unreal Engine Forums

But the plugin is being maintained by a member of the community and it is not fully featured nor updated frequently as a result. Also, it seems to be based on a much older UE2 implementation that doesn’t have all the features present in UDK.

This is such an important feature for next-gen titles. I am not asking for a specific use case, just something that was already working great in UDK and would benefit a lot of people.

This has been requested a number of times, but from my understanding, this was removed with all the third-party software when the engine was released. The UE2 implementation was a starting point that had no ties to third-party software and the community could take on the project and expand as they see fit.

A lot of the features that were included with UDK were FPS oriented. There will be a lot of features that will not be brought over to UE4 and then there will be some that will that have just not been implemented yet. As far as I’m aware there are no plans to implement this particular feature in the near future.