Boolean operation with selected points or cameras

Selecting cameras by points and the other way round is an awesome feature and I use it all the time.
Just now I have a case where I wish I could use it to substract some cameras covering a certain area from an already selected group.
It would make this tool even more versatile because it would allow to eliminate unneeded cameras much more precisely.

Would this be possible at all?
The next best thing would be to select all cameras that do NOT include the selected points.
Any thoughts?

Götz Echtenacher wrote:

Would this be possible at all?
The next best thing would be to select all cameras that do NOT include the selected points.
Any thoughts?

Hello Gotz,
just select cameras that include selected points, as you usually do an than invert selection with CTRL+I.

Götz Echtenacher wrote:

Just now I have a case where I wish I could use it to substract some cameras covering a certain area from an already selected group.
It would make this tool even more versatile because it would allow to eliminate unneeded cameras much more precisely.

Unfortunately I don’t know a solution to this…just to deselect by hand.

Hey Kruzma,

thanks a lot for the tip with CTRL+I
I wondered if that is not possible yet.
Is it in the documentation now? :wink:

Götz Echtenacher wrote:

Hey Kruzma,

thanks a lot for the tip with CTRL+I
I wondered if that is not possible yet.
Is it in the documentation now? :wink:

Hi Götz,
yes, you can find it in the list of shortcuts in the Help. There is also the Invert button in the Selection part of the Alignment tab. As far as I know, it has been there from the start.

Interesting, what one can miss.
Well, I guess that’s what the forum is for, right?