[Blueprint] Secondary Camera Controls (not player)

Greetings everyone!

The problem I have is fairly simple, but I have no idea how to deal with it. What I want to implement: when the player enters trigger zone or interacts with object somehow (it doesn’t matter a lot in here) the camera changes to another one I previously set on a level. And I want that camera to be somehow dynamic, not static. At least give it controls to let player look around.

But how can I control camera which is not attached to player controller? I see no way to it. Even when I create Camera Blueprint and write all necessary scripting there - doesn’t work. Is it because you can control it only with the PAWN class? Does it mean that for such cameras I should always create a blueprint with camera AND pawn included? Seems to be very sophisticaded.

Request your assistance, mates!

You are correct, only pawns can be “possessed”. Instead of creating a camera, you would have to create a pawn with a camera component and then possess the pawn.

From the ‘get player controller’ node, you drag off and put a ‘possess’ node, then you hook up the camera pawn there.

Oh, thanks a lot! Now it’s clear for me

Ah, still there’s a problem with the pawn and a camera component. I can not switch it back to the character, as if the “Get Player Pawn” doesn’t work anymore and references to my new pawn component. So the script works only one way (it switches camera).

yea, when you use “Get Player Pawn” it gets whatever pawn you’re currently possessing, so in this case, that node is getting you the Camera Pawn. You would have to reference your Character Pawn before the flip flop, then use the reference instead of Get Player Pawn