Blueprint compile constantly crashing - 4.24 and 4.24.2

Hello,

UE4 randomly, (but can be replicated) crashes when i click on “compile” in Blueprint.
I have no clue what is causing this, but just today i collected 9 crashreports, and 45 just in this month, so far.
I did send the crashreports, but i have no idea whats going on.

The only information i could collect was this:
Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x000001b0

I couldnt extract anything useful from the logfile, and have not done anything i havent done in the past.
This is an “old” project i have since 2019, but the issue didnt appear in 4.23 at all. (Allthough UE4 still crashed 22 times in 2019, but definitely not 45 times in 18 days.)

I dont know what to do with this, given the fact that “clicking on compile” now is “playing minesweeper without understanding the rules”.
Can anyone here help me with this, or point me towards something that can solve this? (might very well be that i messed something up, but then it should reliably crash, not randomly?)

PS: I hope this is the correct forum for this, since it only affects Blueprint, and I am running out of ideas.

Does this happen on any blueprint or just one specific actor?

Hello,

it happens on any Blueprint, but with random frequency. (but, only after i have used “Play in editor” at least once - as i just found out today.)

Delete the saved and intermediate folders from the project folder, create a new map, test if it will still crash. It’s possible that either a temp file causes it (since it was created with an older version, in the meantime something under the hood might have changed), and to rule out map having too much stuff on it and running out of memory. If there are any c++ classes, delete the build and binary folders as well and recreate visual studio files, re-build project from visual studio.

Hello,

this seems to have fixed it (for now, i tested it for 2 days.)

Thank you