Blendspace out of sync on client

I’m having a blendspace networking problem I can’t seem to solve. The setup is as follows:

  1. The anim blueprint sets a speed variable (float) every tick based on the velocity vector length.
  2. I have a running blendspace which operates based on speed and direction.
  3. Crouching changes the max walking speed via the movement component.

The problem is this: If the client moves his char, the blendspace picks the right running speed based on the speed variable, both on the client and the server. But if the server moves his char, then only the server sees the blendspace working with the right movement speed. On the client the running animation is too fast.

I first checked whether the speed variable is set correctly on both server and client, and that seems to be the case. So I presume its a problem with the blendspace itself. But I just can’t figure out what it is. Does anyone have an idea what might cause the problem?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7529099/setspeed.png

Here are two screencaps illustrating the problem.

This one is taken from the Generic Shooter out of the box. Due to the animations the problem is not very visible.
link text

This is with new animations. Here the problem is very obvious.
link text

I also noticed that if you migrate the exactly same animation blueprint and animations to the Epic ThirdPerson content example it works fine. I have no idea what might be causing this.

I couldn’t find out what causes the problem, but I’ve found the following fix: Enabling update rate optimizations in the Optimization section of the details panel of the mesh fixes it. Any hint regarding the origin of the problem would still be welcome.