Inside Unreal: Blender to Unreal Tools, Part 3 - March 26

+1

Yes, it would be nice to get early access.

Thanks i looking forward to this!

I’m joining the wait party! very excited for this plugin. Huge thanks to the team for working on it

I’ve been watching these streams closely, since I’m independently developing Brigge for Meshes, which gets FBX totally out of your pipeline. We’ve offered it as early access since January, and after months of feedback and fixes it’s pretty solid. It doesn’t have the animation focus like Epic’s addon, but rocks at props, vehicles, hard surface & environment art! Check out our release history to see if it fits your needs. :slight_smile:

Hi, great works … it is really nice how Epic make bridges for Blender workflow.
looking around for anny beta, early access or release to start using this tools :slight_smile:

it will be interesting to see how i will manipulate blender rigify with mixamo rigs and control rig… i really have to put a root bone in mix, half the time they work from blender, and half the time they don’t… at least i only have locomotion to figure out to start… anim has come a long ways, but still has a ways to go… but we still have time till ue5 (if it works on my laptop)… good work… till then… stev

the link is not working. I have both my epic and my github accounts linked and nothing.

look at the top of the ‘epic games page on github’ and there will be an ‘accept invitation’ button (something like that) then you will see blender tools… but it seems it is not working in 2.90 for me, it won’t install…

mine doesn’t install on 2.90… it works fine in 2.83… i went into init and changed the blender version to 2, 90, 0 but that doesnt seem to help… anyone know what else i have to change in python scripts…

Can someone put a download link please, I’m on Blender 2.90 and I have the send to unreal install but there is no riggify addon.

So they basically abandon this tool and left us hanging?

You can find the latest updates on the Github

You can download the latest releases here
https://github.com/EpicGames/BlenderTools/releases

If you have questions or need to report a bug you can always create an issue
https://github.com/EpicGames/BlenderTools/issues

We monitor the Github issues fairly regularly and that is the best place to get answers.

Thanks,
James

1 Like

To those interested, here’s how to export separate animations made in Blender to Unreal Engine 5 using the Send to Unreal add-on.

How it would be great if this tool can also export Control Rigs made in Blender (from Rigify and/or Auto-Rig Pro) into Unreal Engine 5. :grin:

Thanks for creating and sharing these important tools! :slightly_smiling_face: