Blender to Unreal, I'm not sure what is going on here.

Hello everyone,

I’m new to both the forum and Unreal. I seem to be having an issue bringing exported FBXs from Blender into Unreal. I’m not sure if this is a vertex weight issue, or a bone rotation issue, but in Unreal my mesh doesn’t deform the same as it does in Blender. I’ve done all I can think of, and corrections for possible issues I’ve found in various forums, and nothing seems to help. I’ve limited bone influences, normalized vertices, checked all my FBX export settings, still the problem persists.

As I said, I’m new to Unreal. I’m still working through the basics. So, I know there is probably something I’m missing. That being said, I’m very comfortable with Blender and have been using Unity for years. When I import the FBX into Unity, it works just fine. But, I don’t want to use Unity for this project. I’m really interested in learning Unreal. It looks like it is far more suitable for my needs.

Since it will probably come up, I can use Max. Though, I don’t own a copy, because, well…I’m poor. Also, I’ve used both Max and Blender for a while and I prefer Blender. Just a personal preference. I’ve touched Maya once, but have no real experience with it, nor do I own a copy, so it is of no help.

I’ll post some screenshots of what is happening, it seems I can’t upload a .blend though. If someone knows how to do that, please let me know.

Thanks for any help in advance!