Big advice for new users...

To understand this advice you first need to understand how i learned this. I’ll keep it concise.
4 years ago i seen Ark Survival Evolved on youtube on the Angry Joe show. I was instantly hooked…
I loved the game, but i wanted a very specific Mod for it. One that i could not find on the Steam Workshop. I searched and searched and eventually ended up here.

I knew little to nothing about UE and had no clue where to start so i created threads advertising that i wanted to hire a Modder to make my dream a reality. i learned the hard way that unfortunately, modders aren’t link Carpenters. They aren’t hungry at all. most of them do modding in their spare time, so they really don’t have any interest in doing anything more complicated than recoloring armor, adjusting the stats on a sword, or anything else an experienced UE User could bang out in a day…

i spent years hoping and praying that some modder on here would be willing to take on the job i had offered, and for years the people here continued to disappoint me.
the final Straw came when a person claiming to be a modder got in touch with me here. They said they were experienced and even had links to mods that they had allegedly made. They seemed on the up n up, so we agreed to 300$. I would pay them half now, and half when the job was done.

after getting 150$ of my money, they went silent. When i pushed the issue, they claimed to have gotten some sudden(conveniently timed illness), i reported them to Paypal, and paypal put their laziest employee on it… i lost that 150$

On November 10th of 2019 i posted my first mod to Steam. Its not what i wanted(not yet anyway), but its a huge step in the right direction.

the advice that i have for new members here, is to just do the work yourself, and trust nobody… the members here are apathetic and unreliable at best, con-artist at worst…

i know many of you newbes reading this are going to feel intimidated and overwhelmed at the thought of starting your project from scratch, but just knuckle down and get to it. Put both hands in and start learning through trial and error.
Youtube is filled to the brim with tutorials and how-to guides. Watch them, and practice them.
believe me, i wish someone would have told me this 4 years ago. I would have had my first mod done in 2016, would today have what i wanted back then finished, and be 150$ richer… lol

Don’t rely on someone else to help you, they wont. Learn to do it yourself…