Attached meshes do not have correct transform in sequence

Made a quick level sequence by recording my character running around. The character has a weapon mesh attached to a socket on my character. In the sequence the weapon mesh’s transform is wrong (incorrect rotation).

I attach the weapon mesh as a test by simply adding another skeletal mesh component as a child of the character mesh, then setting the parent socket name in the child and zero-ing the childs transform.

Hi zoombapup,

When you use the sequencer attach, are you zeroing the transform in sequencer or in the details panel?

-Matt W.

The weapon had a non zero transform on it when I recorded it, it was set to attach to a socket on the parent mesh (on the hand), when playing back, it looks like the transform is set to the correct value, but the weapon mesh does not render in the right way, wonder if its not applying the same sequence of transforms.

Hey zoombapup,

Does this user’s second issue (he reports two bugs) appear to be what you’re seeing? Sequencer - Recording Character Bugs - Cinematics & Media - Unreal Engine Forums

If so, it is entered as UE-31277.

-Matt W.

No, I don’t think its the same thing. Might be caused by the same bug, but I’m seeing an incorrect transform where as I think his skeleton is being messed up. As far as I can tell, the remainder of the skeletal mesh the weapon is attached to is fine, so its the way the weapon mesh is connected to it that is messing up. I use a socket on the hand of an animated character and attach the weapon mesh to that (be adding a skeletalmesh component and making it a child of the character, then giving the child a socket to attach to.

Hope that helps.

He’s got two separate issues, but yeah his second one is specifically related to recording attachments.

All the tests that I’m running with skeletal mesh attachments seem to be working, so would you be willing to send me some example content? Preferably a mostly blank project with the broken content.

You can PM me a download link on the forums if you’d rather keep it private.

-Matt W.

Hi zoombapup,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

-Matt W.

Hey Matt,

I am on 4.12.5 and I am seeing this issue. I have a hair mesh attached to my character BP’s mesh on a HairSocket. It renders fine in game but it’s twisted around in recorded sequences.

Best regards,
Damir H.

Hey DamirH,

Any chance you can Migrate your Character BP and Game Mode to a blank project and sending it along? Please test it to make sure it still happens in a fresh project. You can PM me a link on the forums.

-Matt W.