Attach (Mesh) Particle to Actor

Hi there

I’m pretty new to the whole particle system. I want to have a particle system, which spawns particles that are attached to an actor. I know how to attach the entire particle system to an actor, but this does not achieve the same effect. Say my particle system spawns a particle every 2 seconds and the particle system is attached to a constantly moving actor, the spawned particle will not move along with the actor and be “left behind” until it is spawned anew 2 seconds later. This is especially problematic with larger particle systems like a force barrier that should always neatly be surrounding a character.

I feel like this should be possible to do, but haven’t found anything yet :(. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be very happy.

Use-cases where I want to use such particle systems:

• Projectiles
  • “Buff”-effects on a potentially moving actor

Thanks in advance, Elewyth

That works perfectly! Thanks a lot. It’s always some small little check-box :stuck_out_tongue:

Make sure they are set to Use Local Space in Required section of the particle emitter. But projectiles should use World Space, i think. For instance, if you make a bullet particle in local space the bullet will follow the player’s rotation and location after it is fired.