With engine 4.6.1 (binary, not source):
- created a blank C++ project, no starter content.
- Copied the UObjectPlugin folder from the 4.6.1 source distribution into a new Plugins directory in my game folder.
- Renamed all instances of UObjectPlugin to my plugin’s name, both in filenames and file content
- Regenerated project files from within UE
- Opened code in VS
(The automatic hot reload here does not show my plugin, so I closed UE, then…)
- Launch Debugger from VS
- Breakpoint hit “Assertion failed: GIsHotReload [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.6\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectBase.cpp] [Line: 632]”
NOTE: I am not hot-reloading
NOTE: This also happens if I have never built the binaries for the plugin in the hot-reload scenario.
NOTE: This also happens if I manually delete the binaries from the Build folder (as in search I found one other instance of this due to someone having rogue copies of their module running around.)
AFAIK I have followed the tutorial precisely, and I can find no other instance of this error on the web. I assume I am doing something wrong - thoughts on what might cause this?