Download

Are decals broken in 4.8 master?

I’m working on a fork of 4.8 master, and decals seem to be broken. I create a simple decal material, right click in the level and add it. No effect. I go into the content examples project in 4.7, the decals level is working just fine. So I export the simple decal material to my 4.8 project, no effect.

As you can see, there’s the decal actor, it’s got a material (the simple one from the content examples project) and I even added a point light. No matter what I do, I don’t see a decal.

Now, to eliminate the possibility that I have broken decals somehow in my fork, I pulled up to the head of master and did a clean build.

What’s going on here? Is there some new voodoo to get decals to work, or are they just broken?

NB: This is master up to commit 75348001240c4e460467e021330cbf7f242aa037, on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 9:04:13 AM

I think you should post this on the Answers hub … who here uses 4.8 Master anyway, and you want to get attention from the Dev’s who lurk more over at Answers :slight_smile:

Hi Backov,

4.8 Master branch is an untested treasure trove of brokenness at times since it is NOT QA tested.

Using the promoted build from two days ago for 4.8 on the Promoted branch everything is working on my end.

My recommendation, if you want to use the latest builds, would be to use the QA approved ones with the promoted branch. The most current one up is CL-2487422. You need to know that these will have things that are broken as well as things are actively developed.

Good to know it’s a recent break then. Thanks Tim. :slight_smile: