Download

APlayerController error C4273

I created a new c++ class part of my program and had to reload everything afterwards, and when I attempt a compile it fails and gives me a ungodly amount of errors. I made absolutely no adjustments to my code . Errors like:

1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/PlayerController.h(225): note: see previous definition of ‘ClientAddTextureStreamingLoc_Implementation’
1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime/Engine/Private/PlayerController.cpp(391): error C4273: ‘APlayerController::SetNetSpeed’: inconsistent dll linkage
1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/PlayerController.h(1726): note: see previous definition of ‘SetNetSpeed’
1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime/Engine/Private/PlayerController.cpp(404): error C4273: ‘APlayerController::ConsoleCommand’: inconsistent dll linkage
1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/PlayerController.h(1569): note: see previous definition of ‘ConsoleCommand’
1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime/Engine/Private/PlayerController.cpp(414): error C4273: ‘APlayerController::CleanUpAudioComponents’: inconsistent dll linkage
1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/PlayerController.h(1744): note: see previous definition of ‘CleanUpAudioComponents’
1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime/Engine/Private/PlayerController.cpp(429): error C4273: ‘APlayerController::GetViewTarget’: inconsistent dll linkage
1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/PlayerController.h(1614): note: see previous definition of ‘GetViewTarget’
1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime/Engine/Private/PlayerController.cpp(434): error C4273: ‘APlayerController::SetViewTarget’: inconsistent dll linkage
1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/PlayerController.h(1866): note: see previous definition of ‘SetViewTarget’
1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime/Engine/Private/PlayerController.cpp(451): error C4273: ‘APlayerController::AutoManageActiveCameraTarget’: inconsistent dll linkage
1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/PlayerController.h(1872): note: see previous definition of ‘AutoManageActiveCameraTarget’
1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime/Engine/Private/PlayerController.cpp(487): error C4273: ‘APlayerController::GetAutoActivateCameraForPlayer’: inconsistent dll linkage
1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/PlayerController.h(1716): note: see previous definition of ‘GetAutoActivateCameraForPlayer’
1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime/Engine/Private/PlayerController.cpp(539): error C4273: ‘APlayerController::SetControllingDirector’: inconsistent dll linkage
1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/PlayerController.h(1655): note: see previous definition of ‘SetControllingDirector’
1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime/Engine/Private/PlayerController.cpp(550): error C4273: ‘APlayerController::GetControllingDirector’: inconsistent dll linkage
1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/PlayerController.h(1658): note: see previous definition of ‘GetControllingDirector’
1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime/Engine/Private/PlayerController.cpp(557): error C4273: ‘APlayerController::ServerNotifyLoadedWorld_Validate’: inconsistent dll linkage
1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/PlayerController.h(225): note: see previous definition of ‘ServerNotifyLoadedWorld_Validate’
1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime/Engine/Private/PlayerController.cpp(563): error C4273: ‘APlayerController::ServerNotifyLoadedWorld_Implementation’: inconsistent dll linkage
1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/PlayerController.h(225): note: see previous definition of ‘ServerNotifyLoadedWorld_Implementation’
1>C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime/Engine/Private/PlayerController.cpp(595): error C4273: ‘APlayerController::HasClientLoadedCurrentWorld’: inconsistent dll linkage

this is a small portion of errors I received, why am I getting these ?
I really don’t have much other information, I can show my files but as I said no adjustments of code were made and prior all was working well. Using VS 2019.

“inconsistent dll linkage”? never heard of that one. I’d hit the “Rebuild” button on the project, or the Clean button, then the Build button (although pretty sure Rebuild does both)

1 Like