Download

Anyone gotten AWS Gamelyft to work using the instructions on Amazon?

I’ve gone through a minefield of pain trying to get the AWS Gamelyft plugin to build, had to downgrade to VS 2015, install all of the old SDK stuff, old CMake etc… I’ve finally gotten it to the point where it starts to compile but when it gets to MSBuild it fails,

Project “H:\GameLift_02_15_2018\GameLift-SDK-Release-3.2.1\GameLift-Cpp-ServerSDK-3.2.1\out\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj” on node 1 (default targets).
H:\GameLift_02_15_2018\GameLift-SDK-Release-3.2.1\GameLift-Cpp-ServerSDK-3.2.1\out\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj(29,3): error MSB4019: The imported project “H:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.
props” was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Done Building Project “H:\GameLift_02_15_2018\GameLift-SDK-Release-3.2.1\GameLift-Cpp-ServerSDK-3.2.1\out\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj” (default targets) – FAILED.

for some reason in the project file it appears that “VCTargetsPath” is set to the root of my current drive… so it can’t find Microsoft.Cpp.Default

Any ideas?

I’ve found that the VCTargetsPath is blank in the registry, and changing that gets it a little further, but it still throws errors about the version number on $(TargetPlatformVersionNumber) which I assume is created by the generator… It just seems that this whole SDK is frakked for some reason, doesn’t seem like it could have ever built properly

Well, thanks to YetiTechStudios at this link https://gamedev.amazon.com/forums/articles/62441/compiling-gamelift-for-visual-studio-2017.html

In External_boost.cmake file around line 75 change

from

URL http://download.sourceforge.net/project/boost/boost/1.61.0/boost_1_61_0.zip

to

URL http://download.sourceforge.net/project/boost/boost/1.64.0/boost_1_64_0.zip

then change

from

**URL_MD5 **015ae4afa6f3e597232bfe1dab949ace

to

URL_MD5 36093e4018aecd5b0e31e80457ac5fc1

This will download boost 1.64 and compile it using Visual Studio 2017.

then

mkdir out
cd out
cmake -G “Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64” -DBUILD_FOR_UNREAL=1 …
msbuild ALL_BUILD.vcxproj /p:Configuration=Release

Even after all of that only one of our machines would build it… the other has strange errors from msbuild about version comparisons and such