Here is how I did it. Im working on getting the little teleporting out of there on that last frame of the animation.
- Go to the skeleton for the animated character. Add a socket based off of the root bone. Move that socket to the feet of the character. (You’re most likely going to have to keep playing around this location later)
- Go to the actor with the animation and create a blueprint for that actor (not an animation blueprint)
- Next, create a transform variable in the actor blueprint. Create an Event Tick and off of the skeletal component get the socket transform. Put the name of the socket you just made. Update the transform with the socket transform. We’re going to need this soon.
- In the actual animation, on the last frame add a repnotify (right click the notify bar> add notify>new notify>name it).
- Now, go to animation blueprint you said you created and create a transform variable. Create your animNotify event (like any other event, right click>type the name and select it). Now we’re going to get the owning actor and cast that to the actor blueprint we made in the second step to access the variable we made earlier. Get the transform variable from the actor blueprint, split the pins and setActorTransform to location(and scale if you want). The print string was just for me. Check teleport.
- Last, in the anim graph, connect your animation to the final animation pose like you said you did anyway.