Animating WITHIN the scene?

When i double click an animation sequence, it opens up an animation and then i Create an asset,> Create animation then From Current Animation. Everything normal there. It then sets the animation, ready for editing, in a blank background with only a floor, that’s normal.

But is it possible to edit the skeleton/etc,etc, within the background you’ve set? Like if the scene is inside a room, and i wish to make an animation of him sitting down on a chair for example, It will just open it up again in a blank area, making it pretty hard to tell exactly where i should animate him to move / pick up stuff. If i’m still being too vague let me know.

I’m not sure if this is possible, but you might want to try approaching it from the angle of changing the ‘preview’ map – the one with the little platform – to something resembling your environment. I’m not sure if the Minimal_Default.umap is the right one. But you can find that and others in your install directory:

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Samples\StarterContent\Content\StarterContent\Maps\Minimal_Default.umap

At the end of the day, you’re probably better off editing the animation with an environment exported to Maya, Max or Blender. You’ll gain a lot more control in a program like them, and they have basic solutions for getting a fast rig (Maya: HumanIK, 3dsmax: C.A.T.). Also Epic has a rigging system called A.R.T. that is included with the engine license for Maya. It’s pretty great, and there’s a lot of documentation for it.

Okay thanks