Android Arm64 platform

Hello everybody,
I have a question for you:
I would like to compile my game for Android platform Arm64. I’ve downloaded Engine Source from GitHub, but in project settings of it I can only see:

1. Support armv7[aka armeabi-v7a]
  2. Support x86
  3. Support x86_64
  4. Support OpenGL ES2
  5. Support OpenGL ES31+AEP

as Android builds. Can you help me please? Thanks all

Hi Leonraf88,

Support for Arm64-v8a is in but we don’t currently ship the prebuilt arm64 libraries for ThirdParty.

Hi Chris Babcock,
Does it mean that I cannot compile my project for arm64? Or is there another way? If so can you tell me? Thank you!

Hi Leonraf88,

You can compile the Arm64 libraries and place them in the proper directories and it should work. I’m looking at providing them in 4.12 after a final round of testing (I’m doing a full pass over all the libraries).

Thank you very much for your answer.
Just out of curiosity I’ve tested my game on an a Samsung Galaxy s4 which has Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600 1.9 GHz Quad Core CPU and an Adreno 320 GPU with a 2 gb ram and the framerate was betwwen 30 and 60 fps. I’ve tested the same game on another smartphone ( Wiko Fever) which has a MediaTek MT6753 Cortex-A53 1.3 GHz 8 Core CPU, and an ARM Mali-T720 GPU with a 3 gb ram and the framerate was between 10 and 20 fps.
Such a great difference! Sincerely I thought that in the second smartphone the game performance would be far better than the first one. It’s the opposite, instead! How is it possible? And if I compiled the game with the Arm64 library, would I get a different outcome? P.s. Now I’m using version 4.10.2 of Unreal Engine

Thank you for all your help

I don’t believe you’d see an improvement with Arm64. 8 core won’t gain much, either, since we don’t use that many threads. Also, half the cores are slower. I’d also try 4.11; we have improved GPU support for mobile in 4.11.