All the particle effects are messed on updating project from 4.7 to 4.8

Reporting separate issue as requested :- Issues encountered on updating project from 4.7 to 4.8 - World Creation - Epic Developer Community Forums

All the particle effects are messed and does not appear correctly.

To match the effect same as 4.7 I need to increase Spawn rate by 4x.

Hi -

Can you give me some more information about your particle effects and how they behaved between 4.7.6 and 4.8.1? A screenshot of your module breakdown would be helpful in addressing this issue for you. If you are using a particular material a screenshot of the material would also be helpful.

Thank You

Ketchum

Inboxed you link to my project.

Hi -

Took a look and it appears to be your Scalability Settings are defaulting to a much lower value which is causing the Effects running in the editor when you play the game to render at a lower value (quality). In particular look to set your Effects Quality to EPIC, or in console command sg.EffectQuality 3.

This will fix the problem up. I would look at your Engine and Project Defaults as well as your config files to make sure that you don’t have a console config value hard set.

Thank You

Ketchum

console command sg.EffectQuality 3 worked, but I just don’t understand why console command sg.EffectQuality 0 didn’t worked on 4.7.6.