Download

All lighting ceases to work after first build.

Hey guys, I’m new here so go easy. I’ve recently started up on Unreal Editor 3 (I believe that’s the version) and I’ve tried making maps for Killing Floor, I understand the editor is modified and could make it harder to diagnose my issue but I thought I could still get a good answer! Essentially I can add a number of lights around my map and have it light up the area, however after doing a ‘build all’ the lights become defective. No matter what I do I can’t get them to render correctly, just black. The light properties stay exactly the same.

Before build:

After build:

Any help would be awesome, and if I’m in the wrong place please point me in the right direction!

Cheers :slight_smile:

I’m afraid you are indeed in the wrong place, this forum is for unreal engine 4, which differs quite a bit from UE3/UDK.

Tripwire has a modding section in their Killing Floor forum, which might be the best place to start.

For general UE3 help you can also try the UDK forum.

But when I’m replying anyway: although it is hard to see in your screenshots it seems like your lights might be inside the roof, make sure you place them well below the roof to make sure the light is not blocked by the roof.

Cheers for the reply, I’ll try find help elsewhere. I triple checked again the lights were below the roof and they were indeed inside, oh well. Thanks for the help, anyway!