Alembic import fail (groom)

Hi, seems like I cant import alembic files into ue4.25. I read the documentation, and have set up everything as it should but it just said:
“Failed to import ‘D:/…/groom_1.abc’. Failed to create asset ‘/Game/Geometry/Mystuf/groom_1’.
Please see Output Log for details.”

log only says:
LogFactory: FactoryCreateFile: StaticMesh with AlembicImportFactory (0 0 D:/01 …groom_2.abc)
LogSlate: Window ‘Message’ being destroyed

Same result using Blender or Modo exporting the alembic.

I got the same problem. Did you solve that? it seems like the groom plugin didn’t active. it only showed me importing static mesh or the other two, but not the groom importer window.

I think I found the reason.
I used to try to import the alembic file into UE4 4.24 on my mac. and then I tried the same procedure on the PC version, it succeeds! the mac version doesn’t support the groom importing yet. but the official release didn’t mention it. and I still can find &check the groom plugin. is it a bug?

Im having the same issue and im currently on a PC working on 4.25. Im gong to try 4.24 and see if it works.

yoo I just tried doing this on Mac too, followed all the steps but the groom importer doesn’t run. Super want to try this out, please add Mac support if possible!

Hi, I am having the same issue. Exported Hair alembic from C4D S22. Importing to UE4.25.4 with Groom plugins enabled, but I get the same error msg. The OutputLog is not informative at all. I anyone have a suggestion please help!

Hello folks!
The error the OutputLog gives is really generic and unhelpfull! Meaning the solution I’m about to offer may not fix your issue even if you have the same error sadly q.q
But on my side, I discovered that if your Groom contained guides, you HAVE to convert them to curves and generate your groom from those. Otherwise, Unreal will not recognize your groom and therefore refuse to import it. Even if you have the plugins enabled and are following all the right settings! This page explains how to do it in details for Maya : XGen Guidelines for Hair Creation | Unreal Engine 4.27 Documentation
For me once I follow the page steps and tried to import to Ue4 again, the import went smoothly!
Hope this helps anyone here! Good luck!

I had same problem i was exporting groom from blender and fix it by converting my groom to mesh than to curve then i use these export settings: start frame 1end1 scale100 and bang it work so maybe someone have this problem thats is one case