AirBorne Sea

Are you an old sea dog and can’t live a day without a light sea breeze?
Do you love the smell of napalm in the morning?
And your marksmanship and speed of reaction are legendary?
That’s why you here. Feel free to send present with 14 pounds of lead to bad guys and enjoy the results of your work with fireworks of planes burns like a red coal carpet.

Now you can go wild! But remember that the ship must survive, otherwise not only the sea waves, but also the heavens may be behind your back.

The gamer finds himself stationed behind the awesome firepower of a 40mm Anti-Aircraft fixed deck gun on the bow of a battleship reminiscent. Your mission is to blast away at the endless onslaught of enemy attackers hell bent on sinking your battleship.

Hey there!

We are developing a simple game from childhood.
This is an aircraft shooting range (naval battler).

Key Features:

• Several playable locations;
  • Arsenal includes 40mm AA cannons and RIM-7 missiles;
  • Progressively difficult levels with more enemies, higher aggression and better maneuverability;
  • Shoot down ace fliers, air-gunners, bombers, torpedo bombers, patrol aircraft, and boats;
  • Medals awarded at various stages for completion of missions;

In Development:

• Steam Subsystem (Achievement, Leaderboards, etc.);
  • Localization;
  • Auto-aiming (to make the game easier for non-hardcore players);
  • Destruction (for aircraft, for water collision response);
  • Tutorial-level (for basic learning of the game);
  • Environment generation (environment, weather and day/night cycle);
  • Color Grading (for a more pleasant picture of the game, support for colorblind modes);

Latest Update:
AirBorne Sea - #5 by WerFEST

Follow us:
Itch page
Reddit
Twitter

2 Likes

Greetings @WerFEST !

Welcome to the Unreal Engine community! :medal_sports:

I took a look at your devlog and the game looks like it can get quite intense! Is the gun turret the only player position in your game thus far? What is the difference between each difficulty level? Is there a cinematic or game mechanic which shows the ship sinking beneath the waves after it has taken too much damage?

2 Likes

Hi, @Get_DOVAH_it

Thank you! :slight_smile:

What do you mean by “intense”?

The gun turret is the only position for the player (there was an idea to switch between two guns, but it doesn’t seem to make any sense).

The level of difficulty adds different types of ships, now attack aircraft, bombers, torpedo bombers, ace-planes, and not yet completely completed enemy ships are used. But the player can upgrade skills to make the game easier (damage increase, defense increase, and many more (there are 10 at the moment)). I will show it in next video-update and show it here. :slight_smile:

There is no mechanics for displaying a destroyed ship, I did not think about it, because at the end of the level the player is simply given his statistics.

2 Likes

Hi @WerFEST !

Thank you for your response. By “intense”, I mean excitedly challenging. With incrementally increases in difficulty, the gameplay could get intense - in a good way. For example, if you’ve ever played any Pac-Man games, the games get harder with every level you pass. The game remains fun, but becomes more intense with every level successfully passed.

I hope this makes sense! :smile:
Looking forward to your next update!

2 Likes

Main update:

• Fixed rocket firing;
  • A bit of changes with the buttons in the main menu;
  • Now loading screen works well and does not cause errors, does not disappear at the wrong time and etc.;
  • Adding an animation for final results;
  • HUD is shown at the start of the game, hidden during the a pause, and shown again when returning to the game;
  • The VFX of the shot has been corrected, now it doesn’t look like it’s being fired from under the wing, right? :slight_smile:
  • Animation of the shot;
  • The cannon now rotates as it should;
  • Made reloading;
  • The ship has been redone and pained;
  • Airplanes now have propellers spinning as expected;
  • Start of work on the second gunner on the ship;
  • A rocket launcher has been made from which homing missiles will fly out (not from behind the player’s back);
  • Added a model for the medal in the menu (it’s appearance will depend on the level of the player);
  • A bunch of all sorts of small fixes that I even forgot already :slight_smile:

Skills:

• Protection against bombers-planes;
  • Protection against torpedoes;
  • Increased ship health;
  • Protection from aircraft (added shields on the gun);
  • Radar that shows the position of enemy planes;
  • Disabling reload;
  • Increase damage;
  • Add few more missiles rocket;
  • Increased rate of fire;
  • Projectile flight speed;
2 Likes

Not sure why but the badges with the player rank just got me so excited looking at this! Shows a lot of character already. Really look forward to seeing more :slight_smile:

1 Like

ha-ha @PresumptivePanda, thank you.
Player medals are just a joke in the menu. I liked the implementation in Team Fortress 2 and thought I could do something similar for myself.
It’s like one of the ways to achieve something.

1 Like

I love games of Naval Battles! Your game is looking promising my friend, congratulations. Already subscribed to your channel. Cheers!

Thank you, so much! <3

1 Like

#screenshotsaturday

1 Like

Oops, I forgot to post a screenshot here that was on twitter and reddit and was dedicated to #screenshotsaturday

1 Like

#screenshotsaturday and looking for new menu ideas.

And a short video-version (plane and color randomly now)

1 Like

Steam Page

Hi, everyone.

Finally, the game has its own page on Steam. A trailer for the game will be added soon.

This is not the final version of the page, it will change more than once and be replenished with new features.
I will be glad to support in the form of adding to the Wishlist.

DevLog

• Improved performance (increased FPS and game stability)

• Improved game functions (was shitcode, now it’s more efficient shitcode, lol)

• Added LOD, textures of different resolutions, etc.

• Improved graphics (tweaked post-process, with weather settings, fog, etc.)

• Implemented a bot on the ship that makes poom-poom on planes and can even shoot them down.

• Improved loading of assets, including bullets, as it makes no sense to calculate each one, especially if it flies by.

• Added sounds of shots, music, some SFX.

• Added models to the background (now we are not always in an empty sea)

• Improved saving progress, now it is more logical and seems to work correctly.

• Added custom console for many functions and commands (including crosshair settings)

• A lot of refactoring and processing, which are of little interest to anyone. :slight_smile:

P.S. There is still a lot of work ahead, thanks to everyone who supports me. At the moment, seeing a large number of wishlist is a priority for me and I will know that I am doing it all for a reason. In turn, I will try to make the game better and update it periodically.

DevLog:

• Fixed torpedoes that did not damage the player and can now be destroyed by shooting them. The rotation angle of the cannon has been slightly changed for this purpose.

• Increased trigger boxes for aircraft to make it easier to shoot homing missiles.

• Points for skill upgrades are now issued correctly.

• Medal display depending on the player’s level works correctly.

• Player experience calculation works correctly.

• Skills are saved and achievements are given in Steam for their upgrade.

• VFX from bullet hits and plane crashes now appear on water (looks a bit scary, will come up with something for the full release).

• Fixed localization selection error when launching the game.

• Fixed game progress saving.

• Fixed aircraft hit statistics.

• Other minor fixes.

• The game is now translated into: English, French, German, Hungarian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish.

• Translations for Polish and Turkish languages are being prepared.
    If you would like to offer any help, I will be very happy.

We are currently working on a demo version, which will be available a little earlier than the release of the game itself. In this way, players will be able to evaluate whether they want to get the full version and support us. :slight_smile:

AirBorne Sea has gone gold!

The build has been approved by the Valve support team, and we are ready to press the “Release” button at the scheduled time on August 4th.

But that doesn’t mean we’re just going to release the game and forget about it. Our development plans include:

• Reducing the number of bugs (we hope for your feedback).
  • Adding Linux and possibly a Mac version of the game (we don’t foresee any problems with the Linux version).
  • Improving the sound quality (currently using free commercial sound from the Internet; sound designers’ assistance is welcome).
  • Finalizing hardcore mode (almost ready, but we’re not sure if it works well).
  • Improving the quality of the graphics (the game already looks good, but there are issues with water collisions and destroyed planes. We believe it’s better to make the planes destructible and break apart than to have just one effect of falling into the water).

What has been improved since the last update:

• Added destructibility to planes.
  • Implemented random environment generation.
  • Fixed a problem with the camera (previously, if you rotated a lot, the player’s camera could lean to the side).
  • Optimized aircraft performance (removed unnecessary code, utilized OOP, etc.).
  • Audio settings are now properly saved (apologies for the inconvenience caused earlier).
  • Added info about planes in the popup menu (use mm_changeplane in console to look at another plane).
  • Added effects on the destroyed parts of the aircraft.
  • Implemented control settings, such as sensitivity and inversion.
  • Created a table for the player’s ammo, allowing us to configure each level more flexibly.
  • Added translations into many languages (thanks to our friends, their names will be featured in the Credits).
  • Integrated color correction, although we’re still working on finding the best way to use it effectively.

We appreciate all your support, including chatting with us and adding the game to your wishlist. Your encouragement keeps us going and motivated! <3