Main Menu & UI System with Multiplayer, Gamepad + Keyboard support

Hello @LazerTale

Just stop by to say the Advanced Menu System is great. I’ve been able to easily modify it to use Datatables to drive SettingItem Widgets. However, I did run into issues with using Textbox Widgets. I also tried to create a custom Textbox widgets using the SettingItem Widget. I suspect Keyboard Navigation system is intercepting Keyboard Inputs. I would like to disable this interception when inputing text into the textboxes as they are a must have for Game Menus to enter Login, Player Name, Server Name, Save Game Data, etc. Can you tell me where I can start looking to turn off this interception?

@TechLord as discussed in the discord private chat, this feature is implemented.
I am sharing this here so if anyone had same issues, they can get this feature in the next update.
youtube preview:

cheers.

I wonder, why this asset was not on current Marketplace sale… :frowning:

i didn’t got any notification from epic about the sale. :confused:
maybe because i am outside the us! dunno.
I did get email on previous sales… i did apply for them… but didn’t got any reply from epic.

UPDATE v1.5

• Added text box for editing text, opens a popup where user can enter the text.
    Supports option for choosing alphabet, numeric values. You can also provide a list of characters that user can input.
    Supports character limit.

• Automatically hides cursor when gamepad/keyboard is used. They won’t register hover/unhover when hidden.

• Reduced product size by half by removing textures(Third person Mannequin).

• Added **UNLIMITED **FPS Option.

• Removed few experimental code that are no longer needed.

Once Epic approves the update, it will go live.

Update is now live.
Let me know if you guys have any feature requests or questions.

Cheers.

New update is now live. Added new startup Video/UMG animation option. Check out the demo here:

Unlike UE4’s built in startup video, it has more control. For example you can use a video or an UMG widget with custom animation(+ audio). Also it supports “Press a key to skip/continue”, and you can also mention when the skip message shows and when player can skip, during the video. I have provided few example on how to use it.

Full change-log:

Added startup movie support
Added "press any key to continue" option.
Fixed the setting item(arrow key) where it is possible to change value when disabled.
Added a basic example of Menu music fade in and out when opening new game
Modified all setting panel to have consistent gamepad navigation
Simplified the creation of creating a navigable panel with base class
Added a debug feature(prints on console) to easily see the navigable item panel and structure.
Modified the WindowMode setting to now use Borderless as default.
Recreated game_title.mp4 with better animation
Startup media system is now feature complete and fully functional.
Removed some unused code from navigation manager
Added audio support for startup video
Other minor changes and fixes.

If you have any questions or requests(related to the menu system) post here or join our Discord or you can email me directly.
Also wish you guys a happy holiday.

Cheers.

**Happy new year everybody. Good luck on your game dev project. ** If you are having any multiplayer related issue, i have submitted a new update regarding to that. [Not live yet]
Cheers.

This is great! One suggestion is for gamepad support, allow pressing B (facebuttons right) to go back rather than needing to select the back button at the bottom of each menu.

Have you tested it with gamepad? I think it should work. I am not sure. have to look into it.

Documentations have been updated. Added a getting started guide and also search option.

Also new email for support and contact:
avik@lazertale.com

the old email(lazertale@gmail.com) still works and you will get response. But going forward this new mail is preferred.

Marketplace spring sale is now active.
Get the Advanced menu system on 10% discount.

cheers.

Release note for the new v.17 update.

Update is now live.

• [NEW] New help panel popup for any settings and their respective options. (Preview)
  • [NEW] Ability to add password field with custom masking character. (Preview)
  • [NEW] Added key combination support. Now you can rebind any modifier key with another key (eg.ctrl+w)
  • [NEW] Added localization support. However this will need some setup. A new guide will be added to help you get started.
  • [NEW] Added gamepad/keyboard shortcut key preview on a button.

If you are interested in the Help panel popups, Here is an in-depth guide on how to create, modify it. Advanced Menu System Documentation

Most of this features are community requested. Join our discord or email me directly if you have any menu related feature request.

The current version of the WBP_SettingItem seems to be bugged, in 4.22 at least. The previous button is not clickable. If you for example move an option to the right with the next button that works fine, and the previous button does enable, but you can’t click on it. You can use the arrow keys to move it right and left but you can not click on its icon. Putting a printscreen on the OnClicked for PrevBtn indicates that the event is never called.

Works fine in the Widget Demo panel.
If you open the Widget Demo in the menu and at the bottom there is an setting item called option, does it work there?

Okay yeah it works on the Widget Demo but doesn’t work on any of the settings. You can use the keyboard to switch them but the mouse won’t click the back buttons. Possibly some type of an overlap though I didn’t see any in looking at it and the back button was enabled when I did a print string on it. The clicked event isn’t being reached.

On a sidenote I had duplicated this onto the questions earlier and now it’s in two places. Not sure which of the two you prefer just let me know.

HI, it seems to work fine here. If possible can you contact me via discord, it will be much easier for me to help you there

I went to test it in a clean environment and noticed there was an update so grabbed the update. Tested with it and no issues. Copying that data to my project though results in the same issue. I can figure it out from there since it seems to be working on a clean build.

New 2.0 update is released for both 4.25 and 4.26

• [v2.0][4.26 only] New dropdown control (Preview)
  • [v2.0] Added auto navigation system, for grid like navigation for Inventory or any other UI stuff (Preview)
  • [v2.0] Rewrite of the UI navigation system, now more efficient and stable
  • Fixed LogProperty: Error: FStructProperty::Serialize, and UATHelper: Cooking (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: FStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty error, that was casuing lots of issues.
  • Improved performance and reliability of Navbar update and Gamepad/Keyboard navigation. Navigation manager is completely rewritten.
  • Bug fixes and general stability improvement.

New 2.1 udpate for Unreal 5
This update is exclusively for Unreal Engine 5+

marketplace link: Advanced Main Menu & UI System in Blueprints - UE Marketplace

• Bug Fixes for Unreal 5
  • New multiplayer support including server browser, lobby, team scoreboard

1 Like