Adding Impulse when projectile Hits an actor

Hi,

I am trying to add a impulse to an object when a projectile hits it.
I tried to edit the first person c++ code to do it.

The .h file.

UFUNCTION()
	void OnComponentHit(class AActor* OtherActor, class UPrimitiveComponent* OtherComp, FVector NormalImpulse, const FHitResult& Hit);

.cpp file

CollisionComp = PCIP.CreateDefaultSubobject<USphereComponent>(this, TEXT("SphereComp"));
	CollisionComp->InitSphereRadius(5.0f);
	CollisionComp->OnComponentHit.AddDynamic(this, &AMyProjectProjectile::OnComponentHit);		// set up a notification for when this component overlaps something
	RootComponent = CollisionComp;

void AMyProjectProjectile::OnComponentHit(class AActor* OtherActor, class UPrimitiveComponent* OtherComp, FVector NormalImpulse, const FHitResult& Hit)
{
	GEngine->AddOnScreenDebugMessage(-1, 5.0f, FColor::Red, TEXT("HIT"));
}

The OnComponentHit doesn’t seem to trigger for some reason.

Although I don’t have much idea how delegates works. Or why we use OnComponentHit.AddDynamic “adddynamic” here. Can some one explain me the code a little?

** Delegate for notification of blocking collision against a specific component.  
 * NormalImpulse will be filled in for physics-simulating bodies, but will be zero for swept-component blocking collisions. 
 */
DECLARE_DYNAMIC_MULTICAST_DELEGATE_FourParams( FComponentHitSignature, class AActor*, OtherActor, class UPrimitiveComponent*, OtherComp, FVector, NormalImpulse, const FHitResult&, Hit );

I think sphere components default to overlapping things, rather than blocking, and you only get Hit events from a blocking collision. Did you try the OnComponentBeginOverlap event instead?

It was overlapping. I changed it to blocking. Cause I want the projectile bounce to function when it bounces of things.