Download

Adding a separate enemy mesh for fps death

So ive got an invisible enemy set up, hes currently using the 3rd person blueprint character mesh and animation (set to invisible, but using the character so i can realistically implement sounds). however since the character is invisible its not really important what it looks like in the engine, my main question is once the invisible enemy finds and attacks the player, i want an animation to appear infront of the player camera where the enemies hands appear infront of the camera kind of like a facehugger from alien (thus triggering player death), the problem is the enemy hands will look different from the 3rd person blueprint character hands. whats the best way to set this up? am i able to make random 3d hands appear infront of the player camera upon player death? keeping it unrelated to the actual enemy character and easier for me to build?

i hope this was clear to understand, let me know if it isnt as any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: is it a good idea to maybe add the “death hands animation” to the actual player character? so that i can trigger it as an animation (that reaches infront of the character) once the player is dead?