Download

Action RPG Inventory System

Hi everyone - solution to this was adding a delay into the load event. The inventory is cleared automatically on launch so if this happens after the load then you load an empty inventory. Coming right off the load event I added a delay of 1 second before it tries to load anything. This worked.

Where are said tutorials?

how do I make an world_actor respawn such as a plant, tree, bush ect and also how to randomize the loot drops for the Actors but only certain drops example: If I want a plant to drop 2-8 leaves. and 1-3 sticks

Hello,

Thanks for the great inventory system, I have it working in my game prototype. I wanted to know if you could provide a video or documentation on the best process for saving the player inventory, equipped items, and hot bar items.

I’m not asking for you to tell me how to use the EMS system below, just wanted to know the best place to implement saving things.

I’m currently using the Easy Multi Save engine plug-in [Easy Multi Save Documentation - Google Docs

Respectfully,
Mark](Easy Multi Save Documentation - Google Docs)

Hey thanks for the information, could you post a screen cap of the change you made? Thanks :slight_smile:

hi anyone here can help me merge Multiplayer Crafting Kit Multiplayer Crafting Kit in Blueprints - UE Marketplace with ARPGIS?i tried for over 2 months now trials and errors using their merging guide(MCS) to add existing inventory(in my case ARPGIS) to use its crafting functionality and replcae the inventory in MCS

the guide:MCS - Connect to existing Inventory - A quick guide - Google Docs

anyone here in this thread willing to help me since i have no idea how to do it now and need help from you guys.
this is my discord tag :KhaiSaki#1061

hope someone can help me in this matter

I had tried to merge them before, but it ended up being much simpler to create my own crafting system for ARPGIS

I’ve setup relevant functions on the player controller, calling them every time there is a change. Though, I have several functions, one for changes to the hotbar, one for the inventory items, one for player stats. This way you do not have to save all information.

This sounds like your item list has fewer items than the actual loot spawning function is trying to generate. You need at least the amount of itemlist items, as configured for the amount of the max items for the particular actor who should spawn loot items.

If this is a fresh project it might just have to load a bit longer. This can happen sometimes, also depends on your computer performance.

Hello There

I am getting this problem where Main hand weapons cant be dropped, it just says destroyed Item but still stays there. the weapon can be dropped from the inventory but I can’t Unequip or Drop the equipped weapon from the equipment slot.

I apologize in advance for my English, how did you do this? can you show in more detail? I use only ARPG Inventory

stop to 39% ! why ?

We are using the Gameplay Ability System and their attribute system. I notice that the list of features includes attributes. I assume this isn’t GAS attributes. How much blueprint would have to be re-worked to use GAS attributes instead? Just trying to get a feel for integration time as the rest of the features look quite nice and could save us a lot of time.

hi do u have discord?wanna know how you create crafting system from scratch from ARPGIS…Mine KhaiSaki#1061 hope you can help me :slight_smile:

can someone explain why there is an “iteminformation” and “item” struct in the game?
which is used and why is there two?
item seems to be more comprehensive while iteminformation is missing several things but it is getting passed from inventory to equip and around

hey, on 4.24, there is an error with the usable_door

here is a screenshot

since there is no documentation, it would be nice if someone could tell me what to do with the error.

also the actors all seem to have a parent which is an actor/container actor/ loot actor. would it be fine if i removed the parents?

it seems like nobody is reponding anymore…

but anyway, i found the fix for the door error.

but i have another question.

would it be possible to import the inventory from the player controller to the pawn/actor BP?

the fact that it is in the PC means that it would only apply to players and not npc/characters. also inventories would be shared among all the characters that a player has if you intend to allow the player to create more than one character…

several errors when trying to compiling.

i had re-compiled and resaved the ftext ones so these are the ones i have no clue why it’s happening

PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/InventorySystem/Items/Equipment/Meshes/SM_Wizard_Hat
PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/InventorySystem/Items/Equipment/Meshes/SM_Wizard_Hat
PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/InventorySystem/Items/Equipment/Meshes/lambert2
PackagingResults: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/InventorySystem/Items/Equipment/Meshes/lambert2
PackagingResults: Warning: SpawnActor failed because we are running a ConstructionScript (Weapon_Rifle_Assualt_C)
PackagingResults: Warning: Accessed None trying to read property MainHandWeaponReference
PackagingResults: Warning: Script call stack:
PackagingResults: Warning: SpawnActor failed because we are running a ConstructionScript (Weapon_Rifle_Assualt_C)
PackagingResults: Warning: Accessed None trying to read property MainHandWeaponReference
PackagingResults: Warning: Script call stack:

as you can see, the wizard hat and lambert2 does not seem to exist in any loot tables and i cannot find any references to them in the stuff i have looked at.

hopefully someone can tell me where they are so i can remove the,

i am not sure about the mainhandweaponreference,

the weapon rifle assault… no idea…

also no clue about the script call stacks

if anyone can help and shed light on these errors, it would be nice…

so i validated the project and now i have these errors.

MapCheck: Warning: Default__IWBE_Blutility_C /Engine/Tutorial/InWorldBlueprintEditing/TutorialAssets/IWBE_Blutility.Default__IWBE_Blutility_C : Obsolete and must be removed! (Class is deprecated)
MapCheck: Warning: Default__BP_AnimatedNode_C /DatasmithContent/Blueprints/FBXImporter/BP_AnimatedNode.Default__BP_AnimatedNode_C : Obsolete and must be removed! (Class is deprecated)
MapCheck: Warning: Default__BP_SceneRoot_C /DatasmithContent/Blueprints/FBXImporter/BP_SceneRoot.Default__BP_SceneRoot_C : Obsolete and must be removed! (Class is deprecated)
MapCheck: Warning: Default__BP_VREDAnimatedNode_C /DatasmithContent/Blueprints/FBXImporter/BP_VREDAnimatedNode.Default__BP_VREDAnimatedNode_C : Obsolete and must be removed! (Class is deprecated)
MapCheck: Warning: Default__BP_VREDAnimNode_C /DatasmithContent/Blueprints/FBXImporter/BP_VREDAnimNode.Default__BP_VREDAnimNode_C : Obsolete and must be removed! (Class is deprecated)
MapCheck: Warning: Default__BP_AnimationPlayer_C /DatasmithContent/Blueprints/FBXImporter/Animation/BP_AnimationPlayer.Default__BP_AnimationPlayer_C : Obsolete and must be removed! (Class is deprecated)
MapCheck: Warning: Default__VREDAnimationPlayer_C /DatasmithContent/Blueprints/FBXImporter/Animation/VREDAnimationPlayer.Default__VREDAnimationPlayer_C : Obsolete and must be removed! (Class is deprecated)
MapCheck: Warning: Default__BP_VariantSelector_C /DatasmithContent/Blueprints/FBXImporter/Variants/BP_VariantSelector.Default__BP_VariantSelector_C : Obsolete and must be removed! (Class is deprecated)
MapCheck: Warning: Default__VREDVariantsSelector_C /DatasmithContent/Blueprints/FBXImporter/Variants/VREDVariantsSelector.Default__VREDVariantsSelector_C : Obsolete and must be removed! (Class is deprecated)
AssetCheck: Error: Default__IWBE_Blutility_C is not valid. See the MapCheck log messages for details.
AssetCheck: Error: Default__BP_AnimatedNode_C is not valid. See the MapCheck log messages for details.
AssetCheck: Error: Default__BP_SceneRoot_C is not valid. See the MapCheck log messages for details.
AssetCheck: Error: Default__BP_VREDAnimatedNode_C is not valid. See the MapCheck log messages for details.
AssetCheck: Error: Default__BP_VREDAnimNode_C is not valid. See the MapCheck log messages for details.
AssetCheck: Error: Default__BP_AnimationPlayer_C is not valid. See the MapCheck log messages for details.
AssetCheck: Error: Default__VREDAnimationPlayer_C is not valid. See the MapCheck log messages for details.
AssetCheck: Error: Default__BP_VariantSelector_C is not valid. See the MapCheck log messages for details.
AssetCheck: Error: Default__VREDVariantsSelector_C is not valid. See the MapCheck log messages for details.

as usual, no clues what these are…