Download

Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Able v3.46 submitted. Notes below.

I have a simple question. I am trying to use behavior trees using the “Play Ability” task, but nothing happens. It just straight up skips it.
I added the AblAbility component to my character already, and the ability works in the ability editor.
Am I doing something wrong?

Nope, that should be all. Check your logs there’s probably some reason it’s being skipped. In the Able Setttings there is a Verbose option that will tell you any time an Ability was submitted and not played.

I forgot all about verbose. Thank you! I was able to figure it out.

Nice! Thank you very much!

Problem: My one ability is looping, and I found this ability’s task’s Disable just only check at first loop, but I need to check every loop, in order to Enable/Disable some task at runtime. btw, my ability is activity ability not passive.

Hope you can update as fast as you can, cause I am eager to use. Thanks!

I can look at that. It may have to wait till the 4.26 support patch, but we’ll see. I already have one update pending so that needs to clear.

It’s OK, I used another method, but I will waiting for your patch also.

Yea, I’ll definitely get it with the 4.26 update. If something else pops up, I’ll try and get it in sooner.

@ExtraLifeMatt Got a request :wink: On damage event - bindable damage TYPE object.

Should be do-able. I’ll add it to the list.

Hello, I found that Branch can’t branch to self ability(wrong on simulated client), so I can’t do continuous dodge, I have tried to modify source code, but it very hard for me, could you help me?

Just loop it and check the input in the CanLoopExecute method.

Loop not suit for me, cause I want branch at point of end of previous dodge animation, I am doing multiplayer ACT game, so I really need that feature, please fix it, very thanks!

Is there a way to smooth out the animation blending on combo style abilities? They run very smoothly with standard montage to montage but there seems to be a stutter between animations when I try to do it through Able.

You should uncheck PlayAnimation task’s “ResetAnimationStateOnEnd” property

I think I have a fix for this but it may have to wait for the 4.26 patch. If you want to try a work around, duplicate your dodge (Let’s call it Dodge B), and have the original (Let’s call it Dodge A) branch to B, and B branch to A. I think the Remote Client isn’t seeing any change since you’re branching to the same ability. I have a potential fix (where remote clients always make sure they are running what the server expects them to), but again it may have to go in with the 4.26 support patch.

That’s ok, I will waiting for your 4.26 update

Hallelujah. Any chance of getting the offsets for targeting/collision queries made bindable, too? That’d be sick.

Hell froze over.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fOJ0WR9B75E

I’ve tracked my issues with input-based, client-channeled abilities to this. However, I can’t find the value “Can Client Cancel”. I see there’s a function override for it, but toggling the return does nothing to resolve the issue. Oddly enough, testing with a dedicated server causes the abilities to work as intended. When when testing with a listen server, channeled abilities the client activates that use an input condition immediately cancel. The project is primarily co-op and I intend for players to be able to host rather than using dedicated servers; I’m not worried about cheaters. I’ve tested in a packaged game and the problem persists.

Is there a fix I can do on my end or will I need to wait for an update?