AAA Quality First Person Arm Pack from Studios

The pack is submitted and should be available next week. Thanks for asking @Polyx!

anything about the possibility to add animations to the arms in 3dsmax ?

Hey Stucki… Yep, you can export the .fbx out of the engine, bring it into Max and add the animations to it no problem. You won’t have the control rig, so if you want to custom animate them then you’d just have to create a control rig for that. But any animations created for the standard UE4 rig should work fine on these arms

thx for the answer.
couldnt you add the original rigged files to the project. would make it much easier to add animations for me.

Hey Stucki, all of these assets are prepped for use in the Unreal engine so that you can easily drag and drop them into your project. But we’re always happy to talk about customization on the side if you need it https://quote.ironbellystudios.com/

Providing the fully rigged arm files should require an increase in price. As far as I can tell, are providing skin weighted mesh + joints, and any animations that come along with it. If you are technically inclined, you can just take the arm assets supplied, revert to bind pose, and rig it up yourself. Or find someone who can do it for you.

In my opinion, if decide to provide the rig at some stage, you should expect it to cost more.

fully understandable :wink:

That being said Stucki we would be more than happy to work with you to create some custom animations for your project. Another progress shot from those arms above, the gloves are starting to take shape:

http://ironbellystudios.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/FPArms_Male2_LPT_a.jpg

thanks for the kind offer, when i am at the stage of the project i will get back to you !

Here’s our female arms up on sketchfab, all animated and ready to go

[SKETCHFAB]12588afbbea745e0939933af134b120a[/SKETCHFAB]

Thanks for all of these, really well done.

Perhaps some robotic/futuristic arms in the future? CoD:AW / BlackOpsIII XD - would be instant buy!

Could you post some links to the exact arms you have in mind and we’ll put them in the queue for 2016. thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion RynerAJ, we will definitely keep that in mind as we plan out some new releases in 2016! The arms pack should be up on the Marketplace in the next week or so! In the meantime, here’s another view of the male bare arms:

http://ironbellystudios.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/FPArms_Male1_HPT_e.jpg

Will there be some generic sleeves with a material that can be adjusted to look similar to the clothes of a third person character?

Also, is it possible to blend the first person anims with a third person character’s arms?

Something like this :slight_smile:

We are definitely planning on releasing generic sleeves in the near distant future, but our first offering in the Marketplace will be a 3-pack with male and female bare arms and the military cammo sleeves. As to your other question, it’s so dependent on the third person mesh and the rig and the ability to re-target, so it’s hard to say if you will be able to blend the animations.

Glad to hear these will be out soon, it’s highly likely I’ll be picking them up.

I do have one question though, the animations you’ve shown, are you doing more work on them and the deformation (especially the wrists)? That’s the only criticism I have on what’s been shown so far, the models and textures look top notch like the rest of your assets.

Cheers.

Hey . Just to be clear, you only have the bare male arms available with the guns so far, right? And you are currently developing an arms pack with both male and female arms, along with the gloves and sleeves?

Hey Polyx, Yup- each weapon pack comes with fully rigged and animated bare male arms. We’re planning on releasing future arm packs with different textures, but at the moment, the male and female bare arms don’t come with gloves and sleeves, only the camo arms do. Thanks!

So this has been submitted? I’m hoping it’s out this week. Have you set a price tag yet?