AAA Quality Assault Rifle Asset Packs from Studios

Low poly is finished of the AK74SU, texturing is underway, should be done early next week

http://ironbellystudios.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/wip5.png

These are great! It’s nice to see some packs come from you guys.

Thanks cDub! While you’re here, any assault rifles that you’d like to see made in the future?

For me, any modern assault rifles are welcomed. I do however, would like to see some separate attachments/addons - grenade launchers/ scopes, lasers etc - all that usual stuff, don’t mind if its in different pack - I’ll get em all!

@rynerAJ You’re in luck :slight_smile: Stay tuned for these. We’re using a standard rail system that will allow most guns to attach a wide variety of mods… Assuming things go well, we have plans to produce asset packs to support further customization. Maybe even toss a few freebies in so you can get your feet wet.

I screenshot this image at our top secret Sketchfab lab :slight_smile: Just to show you I’m not blowing smoke when I say we have big plans!

Oh wow, that is neat! thanksss for making em!

Edit: Btw, TAR-21 and F2000 models - would like to see em in the future too :slight_smile:

And we’re live with the XM8 on the Marketplace https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/aaa-fps-xm8-ar-pack!

Here’s a demo of the XM8 in all her glory:

None that I can think of. But some non guns would be cool. Explosives, grenades, smoke grenades, a knife… stuff like that.

A knife you say @_cDub ?! Something like… THIS!? … haha I just had that model laying around from another project. We may be able to bring something like that to the store… I’ll look into it.

[Sketchfab]6f9344c847534f6791b445e54e42b97b[/sketchfab]

Here’s a textured shot of the AKS74U and its coming along nicely. We’re hoping to submit next week and then include it in a 3-pack soon!

G’day - first up you guys do some great work, and I’m looking forward to the rest of your releases:

Some feedback:

• I feel that the reload anim seems too slow by default (I sped it up by 1.4 as a rough)
  • Also the guys left thumb seems to be defying physics on the ADS animations, especially coming out of ADS. If you spam ADS in game the effect is more noticable.
  • I’d love some extra animations, maybe as a part of a larger pack or such, that include alternate reload/idle animations. Just simple stuff like subtle left thumb movements and such, stretching hands etc. No need to get BF:Hardline crazy with the rare reloads but that could be fun too!
  • I feel slightly singed buying the early release and then buying them again later in the pack, some extra goodies in the packs like extra anims would make up for this I feel - and lure more sales that way for you? I’m not particularly interested in “teasers” for other packs, since I’ll probably end up buying them anyhow!

Anyhow, please keep up the great work!

Great looking assets. FPS is written allllllll over these though. A 3rd person pack would be wonderful. wink wink, nudge nudge, poke poke, hint hint :slight_smile:

1. Great feedback Noqnoq! With the reload animations we know that some games have quicker reloads than others so we felt it would be best to start slow and let people speed it up(more frames in less time) than start faster and have people slow it down(less frames spread out over more time)

2. Great feedback, sometimes with these 1p arms it ends up being a choice between the lesser of two evils… We’ll take a close look at this though and see about cleaning it up in the next update

3. Great minds think alike! We already have a separate add-on animation pack in the works containing a lot of specialized anims that most people wouldn’t need but a lot of people would want that we will be launching separately for the first person packs. Now because the weapon animations are so specific we might just bundle those in with the weapons as I’m not sure if Epic would allow us to release a bonus pack sold separately that would work without but, in any practical sense, require our specific weapon pack.

4. We have certainly taken into consideration the feeling your describing and while people are paying for an earlier access of these weapons ahead of the pack launch I can promise you that the weapon packs themselves are going to be updated with a lot of extra features and assets down the road. We are setting out to focus 100% of our efforts on just getting all of these weapons and the base packs out first and then once that is taken care of we will be updating the 3, 5 and 10+ packs to contain the following:

• Attachments such as holosights, silencers, grips and lasers
  • Blue Print systems for the attachments
  • Textures variations such as camo patterns or more worn and beaten up versions
  • Extra animations

Well we do include 3 LOD meshes of each weapon so you could just use LOD2 and reduce the texture resolution and/or simplify the shader for your third person game. We included them with your game in mind :slight_smile:

Just realized that we never put up a sketchfab of our lovely XM8. Here it is for your viewing pleasure:
[SKETCHFAB]84e33e4bedc14f56998cac4401a37d2d[/SKETCHFAB]

That’s perfect then. I like the talk about weapon customization as well. It’s perfect for my project! Keep up the fantastic work

Anyone else missing the Arms for the XM8

Hey DJ Midnight, this seems to be an issue with the engine or the launcher where as the ‘add to project’ is not passing all the files into a project its only using one of the two folders. We had someone else report this and find a work around so I’ll see if I can get a step by step fix for you as we work with Epic to resolve this

Time for a glamour shot for our upcoming AKS74U!

The assault rifle that wants to be a sub-machine gun! … or is it an SMG that wants to be an assault rifle? I believe we’ve submitted this for approval (or are about to)… so we should be seeing it not long into the new year!

Here we have some close up texture shots of the AKS74U. These are LOD0, but we always include multiple LODs at lower detail for performance.