I copied my level maps from the existing 4.8 project into a clean 4.9 c++ third person template via Windows Explorer.
When I attempt to run it takes a very long time -on the order of 1/2 hour- to load up, then loads all the levels in the map, producing 3-5 copies of each landscape’s bounds and proxy. This operation took seconds under 4.8 and loaded only a few levels and only a single copy of bounds and proxy for each.
If it matters I have a 2.2Ghz i7 with 32Gb RAM. but considering that it all worked quickly in 4.8, I don’t think it has anything to do with my hardware. User error seems more likely.
Any suggestions ?
Try fixing up redirectors once you load up your 4.9 project. If this does not fix the error, create a clean project once more and, in your 4.8 project, use the Migrate feature to migrate the content to that project. When you do this do you see the same slowdown?
I would be happy to…only I’m afraid i don’t know what you mean by ‘fixing up redirectors’ ?
I did attempt a migration and it did not copy the maps over. That’s why i went to a o/s level copy.
If you right click your content browser folder in the editor there will be a selection called “Fix up Redirectors”. Press that and it should go through and clean up your pathing information. See if this helps.
Thanks for that tip! Unfortunately, while the fixup sped the load time significantly it didn’t get rid of the multiple copies of each level’s landscape proxy and bounds.
Can you send me a copy of your project? I’ll have a better understanding of what you are seeing if I can take a look and see what may be occurring.
This thing is huge. It has a ton of assets we’ve purchased still in it. Eventually they’ll be whittled down to just the parts we need but right now it’s like 20 Gb. I’ll see if I can recreate the issue with a fresh project template and a single map.
If you want it for bug research purposes I’ll work to get it pared down and just send the necessary stuff. Otherwise we’re just going to remake the levels…fortunately we’re not as far along as others.
That is perfectly understandable. I’ll mark this as answered for tracking purposes. If during your recreation you manage to reproduce it, please comment here with the steps that caused the error and I’ll gladly take another look.