Dear Friends at Epic (And Mieszko!),
I am having a severe problem!
If I make character’s capsule bigger than 172, in 4.6.0, the character will not use my navigation mesh!
#Tried All the Settings I could find
I’ve tried fiddling with every possible value I can find
I thought the most likely would be not having Project to Navmesh set to true (MoveToLocation), but setting it to true did not help.
ProjectSettings->NavigationMesh, Agent Height, max height
ProjectSettings->Navigation System, ignore height when picking nav data
CharacterMovement->Agent Height and Radius, making these bigger does not help
Update Nav with owner collision-> makes no difference
1.Make a new blueprint third person project with no starter content
2.Add this graph to the MyCharacter BP
3.Spawn the MyCharacter BP with a default controller via level BP, on key press
4.Notice it works
5.Now resize the collision capsule to be 174x174, or anything higher than 172x172
6.Resize character to match new capsule if you like
now run the game again and spawn some units, and notice they dont move!
If you have any trouble reproducing this I will give you a repro project
I’ve reproduced this issue in the following projects
1. My main project where issue was first discovered 2. C++ third person template 3. BP third person template
#Repro Project (23.3 MB download)
I am providing you with a repro project that illustrates my issue!
- Download the repro project here Cahoots — Ann Arbor tech coworking
- select the .uproject and right click, switch engine version to 4.6
- Go in editor, and go in game in PIE
- Press the T key, notice how spawned creatures are not moving
- Go to MyCharacter BP, and reduces the capsule height to 70 from 174
- Now the units will start moving!
- Change the capsule height back to 174 and notice they no longer move!
I cannot figure out how to get the units to move when their radius is 174! No matter what nav mesh and NavAgentProps settings I play with, they still do not move!
I cannot proceed with AI until this matter is addressed!