I did the following:
- Downloaded a 4.22.2 custom source branch (without many changes from release)
- Ran Setup.bat and GenerateProjectFiles.bat
- Built the engine
- Created a new C++ project, which opens fine
- Deleted the UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate folder to save space
- Downloaded a 4.22 plugin from the Marketplace and copied it to my project\Plugins\Marketplace folder
When I open the project, it asks if I want to build the plugin. If I select yes, the entire engine starts rebuilding. If instead I don’t delete the Intermediate folder in step 5, it just builds the plugin, as expected.
Is this normal? I don’t think this happened with my 4.20.3 build (after deleting Intermediate), but I don’t have space for two source builds so I can’t check.