4.2 Required_2of2.zip failing to download

It just stops downloading randomly, at between 10% - 50%. I already tried 3 browsers. Chrome says “unknown error” (tried twice), Internet Explorer simply cannot download it, and Firefox also fails (tried 3 times).

Required_1of2.zip and the source.zip downloaded successfully, however.

Anyone else getting these issues, or is it just me?

I think a lot of ppl must be downloading right now

both 1 and 2 failed for me at random times

No problems here, downloaded both 1 and 2 and the optional. Maybe I got in before the rush :smiley:

both 1 and 2 just failed again :slight_smile:

trying just 1 again

PS: Hi !

PSS: while I was typing that it failed again (network error)

Hi ,

I noticed a few download failures when downloading some required files for various versions of the engine from today. However, subsequent attempts to redownload those files were successful. It is possible that this may be related to a large amount of download traffic, but we will keep an eye on this to see if it continues. For now, keep trying and please let us know if you continue having trouble.

Will do, thanks for the update!

:slight_smile:

This has happened to me when downloading them from before, usually just trying again worked.

Ohh yeah, could be heavy traffic.

Eighth attempt worked! :slight_smile:

Hmmmpf. I better wait then. I got 2/2 OK, but 1/2 keeps failing.

Edit: Done, finally! :slight_smile:

I’m still having this issue. It keeps on timing out saying access is denied. ?? :frowning: It looks like the set time that the download is valid for on the amazon severs are too short.

Any other place we can download it from ?

I have the same problem, I also need 3h to download one file. Would it be possible to get another mirror? Maybe we could get an asset store link which includes everything that you need to build the engine yourself?

I think offering a torrent would be a good idea if you want to avoid congestion and using a lot of bandwidth.

Torrent’s are great, but it’s an open network. I.e. anyone who have .torrent file can download, even while DHT, PEX, *** are disabled it’s much simpler to redistribute code among “non subscribers”.

p.s.: filter banned Local Service Discovery abbreviation =)

Has anyone figured this out or is just too much server load? I currently can’t download the required files for 4.4. The chrome quite loading the popup window after my ~25th time trying to download.

EDIT: I actually had to cancel the ones that failed to get the popup. But still, This is the only thing that has held me back from using the source for over a month now.

Sorry about the problems with downloading files from . We’re actively working on alternate ways to get the dependency files. In the worst case, if you are not able to get the file downloaded, I’ll find a way to host it on our own web servers for you guys.

Thanks for the update . I’m pretty sure it’s an ISP issue. I am using XFinity with something like 55/10(Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test). I was able to download the files at work just fine on the first try. I tried again at home and still repeated failures. I then connected to my work vpn and was able to download the files on the first try. But work vpn is very slow. It took me 3 hours to get both files. I’ve had this same issue with larger files in the past but never tried downloading through vpn. At this point I’m sure it’s something on XFinty’s end. I’ve tried getting them to solve this issue in the past and they tell me that my connection is fine. Very frustrating situation.

I figure this information might help is some way.