4.13 release and what's missing/present from mobile VR perspective

Posted these in the 4.13 release thread, but no one have replied yet (and usually I don’t get any replies in those release threads).

Questions:

1. Does 4.13 have Mobile SDK 1.0.3 with multi-view rendering ? ( https://developer3.oculus.com/downloads/mobile/1.0.3/Oculus_Mobile_SDK/ )

2. Is instanced stereo rendering available on Gear VR now?

3. Does 4.13 have Oculus OSS (Platform SDK) for Gear VR ?

4. Can/should we use Open GL ES 3.1 for Gear VR ? Oculus said yes!

Maybe [MENTION=868]Sam Deiter[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11153]Chris Babcock[/MENTION] have the information ?

Thanks

Hey Motorsep,

I did a little digging and here is what I came up with.

1. UE4 does have Mobile SDK 1.0.3 but no milt view rendering yet. It is currently being worked on but did not make it into 4.13.
  2. Being worked on but did not make it into 4.13.
  3. No.
  4. Yes & No, due to this feature is still being experimental in 4.13. If you want to try it out you will need to download the source from Github and compile the engine to get access.

Cheers-

Sam

Thanks Sam

1. Being worked on but did not make it into 4.13.
    [/QUOTE]

I see. Any hope for both of those to be in 4.14 ? (by hope I mean more likely than less likely)

Ouch. Oculus said it was suppose to be in 4.13.x :confused: Do you happen to know if it will make it into 4.13.1+ or if it’s going to be in 4.14 or if it’s even further away ?

Hmm… Based on the log and a screenshot, ES3.1 option is selectable from the Project Settings. Any reason to compile source code from Github to get ES3.1 working with Gear VR ? (like certain flag to be set, etc.)

Thanks