4.13.2 Official Unreal Engine logo Startup movie will not play.

4.13.2 Official Unreal Engine logo Startup movie will not play. Does anyone know a workaround for this? The format that Epic Provides of the “Official Animated Logo” is .mov. the Editor doesn’t even seem to see those. Also I tried converting to .mp4 but that still doesn’t work. It just shows a black screen for a second and then skips it.

Please someone Anyone that knows what is going on with this. We are getting close to launch and I need to get this sorted out and off my list.

Thank you in advance.

If I am not mistaken, this is a longstanding issue. I believe that the startup movies must be an mp4 of a certain resolution to play, I think 720p. We had to convert the file from the Unreal download to get it to work.

Soooooooo they cant be bothered to update their file? lol I would think that there is someone in branding. where that is their responsibility to make sure that you clients access to your proper/current branding materials.

Honestly This should be something that is in the Marketplace. that you can download for free then hit “Add to Project” from the Vault. It shouldn’t be on us to provide