(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

That’s awesome.

There used to be a really neat tool (for another engine) that would generate a hex map like yours, then generate a terrain (customizable size) for each hex based on its biome type. So you’d end up with a bunch of terrains that roughly represent each hex.

Hi Ramas,

I was starting to try your Victory Plugin with UE4 4.3 and if gives me message:
“Project modules are missing or out of date. Would you like to recompile them?”

I click on yes, and it gives me other message:
“Game code couldn’t compule. Continue trying to start anyway?”

I click on yes, and it gives one:
“Plugin ‘VictoryPlugin’ failed to load because module ‘VictoryEdEngine’ does not appear to be compatible with the current version of the engine. plugin’s functionality will not be available, The plugin may need to be recompiled.”

And I download version: 16:49, 17 July 2014

Hi Alex3D!

Several things to note:

1. My plugin is only guaranteed to work with 4.3 Release, from the UE4 Downloader, not the one from Github

2. My plugin will not work in a packaged game, nor will any other plugin apparently, unless you have a c++ project.

Others have encountered and it seems Epic must fix :

1. I just tested my plugin (just now), with July 22 version and it worked just fine! No pop ups of any kind

2. Are you making sure to put my plugin in your Project/Plugins folder, not in Engine/Plugins ?!

3. had no trouble using my 4.3 plugin and his pictures above are proof of that, so clearly there is a correct workflow that can be found, we just have to identify what you are doing differently

Please review 1-5 and see what is different in your setup!

Thanks for answering.
It is working now! And the only thing I did was turn of my computer yesterday, I turn it on today. I tried again and it is working. :slight_smile:

By terrain, do you mean an equivalent to landscape in UE4? That would be pretty sweet if I could take my map and use landscape to make the terrain look more realistic, but can you even generate landscapes during runtime?

Oh wow so I guess I should add a step 6!

1. Turn computer off and back on, it is a well known solution to many issues. The wise and Illustrious Alex3D is a proponent of method.

:slight_smile:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Crash Fix for Vertex Snap Editor

I just finished fixing a crash that a community member mentioned to me.

He said it was happening whenever he would click and not actually end up selecting an actor.

So the crash was occurring any selection changed, but no new actor was selected.

The crash was because of rushed code I added last minute to support Epic’s new redo/undo work flow.

It is now fixed!

Enjoy using my vertex snap editor mode!

So my blueprint project using your stuff won’t work when packaged (cooked or whatever it is called) unless I remake my entire project? I thought the whole point was that we can use your plugin without needing to use C++?

It’s an that needs to be fixed by Epic. The same thing happens with a lot of plugins.

Me too!

I was quite surprised by news as well!

I hope Epic addresses !

Plugins apparently only work in content-only projects pre-packaging, but to work in a packaged build, currently, it must be a c++ project so it can recompile the plugin source code!

I do hope gets addressed by Epic and there’s absolutely nothing I can do about it, other than continue to give people my entire source code for my plugins :slight_smile:

Yeah, landscape in UE4 parlance.

I think it actually just generated the heightmaps and then did the import sequence on them ( was Torque 3D).

Wow, that’s quite surprising.

Supporting Plugins for Content-Only Projects

You can add your voice to here!

Get OS Platform

Platforms you can check for:

**Windows
Mac
Linux

PS4
XBoxOne

iOS
Android

HTML5

WIN RT
WIN RT ARM**

Enjoy!

Wiki Tutorial on Transitioning to a C++ Project

I have posted a wiki tutorial on how to change a BP-only project to C++!

It’s really really easy!

If you want to package your game and use my plugins, you will need to do , but it’s really not complicated :slight_smile:

How to Convert a BP-Only Project to a C++ Project in 8 steps

will become unnecessary once Epic resolves of only being able to use plugins in a C++ packaged game.

But in the meantime, using my guide above, you will find its not that hard!

The above guide is a non-destructive process for your original project, because you make a new one instead.

So you can’t hurt your original project by trying my guide above, and it will very likely be very easy for you!

Two New Nodes As Of 7/28/14

**Set Frame Rate

Set Frame Rate To Be Unbound!**

These two nodes can be run at any during game!

Can be part of your options menu or for testing how game behaves at low frame rates, or what the frame rate possible is with only your hardware limits!

framerateunbound.jpg

Enjoy!

Brilliant as always ! :slight_smile: Thanks.

Hee hee! Glad you like!

Enjoy the new nodes !

Update:

Blueprint Nodes Now Work in Shipping Builds

Special thanks to Lion for sending me an updated version of my plugin code that works with shipping builds!

The vertex editor mode is still there, but the BP Nodes portion is a separate module now and will compile when my nodes are included in a packaged game.

thanks Lion!

I am still getting an error when i package a game saying;
Plugin 'victoryplugin' failed to load because module 'VictoryBPLibrary' could not be found. the plugin's functionality will not be available. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for  project.

Do i have to add it in the project settings, packaging area ?

Do you have a content only project? no C++ / visual studio?

If so, Epic must address , please add your weight to our movement to get Epic’s attention on :

Supporting Plugins for Content-Only Projects

You can add your voice to here!

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que…-packaged.html

Thanks ,

Yes my first project was content only ( blueprint)

I converted it to c++ and now can’t package my game with your plugins

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: e: est\KL_VS\Plugins\victoryplugin\Binaries\Win32\VictoryBPLibrary-Win32-Shipping-Static.lib

IN the log, it shows almost calls to the library stating

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: e: est\KL_VS\Plugins\victoryplugin\Source\victorybplibrary\private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(1593) : error C2653: ‘UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary’ : is not a class or namespace name