(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

If I ever want to release my game for mac or mobile I have to get rid of every victory node manually right? I currently have used a lot of victory nodes without even noticing since like half of the nodes have victory in the name while other half don’t. Now If I want to get rid of I used I have to find them somehow, how would that be possible?

I really appreciate the wide use the victory nodes have, a lot I have will be very hard to create without them I imagine. Anyway, being stuck with PC Windows only is a huge bummer.

I released a mac version of my plugin. It is in thread a few pages back (sorry I can’t find the link at the moment) :slight_smile:
Direct link is here:

I believe is 4.12

Regarding mobile, you would need someone who has C++ powers to compile for whichever mobile platform you need.

I wish people using my plugin who are doing mac and mobile would post versions for these platforms which I have a hard supporting as I am mostly using PC :slight_smile:

Hi there!

I just packaged 4.13 Shipping with no issues:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory: ********** STAGE COMMAND COMPLETED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Package: ********** PACKAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Package: ********** PACKAGE COMMAND COMPLETED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Archive: ********** ARCHIVE COMMAND STARTED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Archive: ********** ARCHIVE COMMAND COMPLETED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Automation.Execute: BUILD SUCCESSFUL
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=0 (Success)

Do you have VS2015 on that computer / C++ powers?

I can’t explain why you are getting those errors and I am not.

:slight_smile:

Dear Community,

Here is a reminder of some of the extra UMG nodes that are in my Victory Plugin, and available to you courtesy of our lovely UE4 Community Member @!

:heart:

Hello, thought I would post about my issues with Linux and the plugin (also for if you read it impacts your Save plugin as well).

We used the plugin in 4.10 on our linux servers with no and recently started the process of updating to 4.12. I thought there was some new process or something going on as the servers were spitting out tons of errors related to the plugin where as the windows client and windows server had no.

The plugin has windows whitelisted in the uplugin file at the root of the plugin directory. Once I removed the whitelisting it compiled just fine and the linux server binaries were back to working.

Just thought I would post to hopefully save someone else some and perhaps get it mentioned in the documentation somewhere if you want to keep that enabled if you want to only “officially” support it on Windows as it seems to work in Linux without much.

Thanks.

Hey, it seems my last message went by unnoticed. So I’ll just quote myself real quick.

Are there any pointers what the could be?

I’m basically trying to get a thumbnail for my save games. For that I’m spawning a scene capture, use it’s output as a texture in a material that is converted into a slate brush with the “Make Brush from Material” node and the output of that goes into the “Get Brush Resource as texture 2D”.

seems to be overcomplicated, but it’s so far the only thing I got working in a way that shows the images from the scene capture on my widgets. I’m just stuck at actually saving those images in any way.
I’d be happy with a workaround or anything as long as it works in the end.

@thanks for these great nodes, is it possible to make a character portrait node for UMG? there is hardly any info about and the current blueprint method is a hack job having a node for would be great thanks.

Load Level Instance is Live in 4.13 Main Release!

Dear Community,

Epic accepted my C++ Code for the Victory BP Library node, Load Level Instance, and it is now live in 4.13!

You can now access BP node in the main engine release right now!

looks fantastic ! I didn’t see node before, but I can start making use of almost immediately. No more manually linking my streamed levels. Thank you so much.

Hey, do you have a 4.13 packaged build available?

Any of getting proper releases on Github? I’m on 4.12.5 currently. The latest on Github for 4.13 is not compatible, and the download you’ve linked to on the wiki is older (pre-4.11.6) and needs manual fixing just to compile.

4.13 version ?

Hello @, thanks again for your awesome contributions :slight_smile:

Regarding the Actor Merging, unless I’m missing something silly doesn’t create instanced static meshes? It just combines into a single static mesh (thankfully with collision in 4.13), so it’s not a replacement for your system? I’m confused!

I’ve re-enabled ISMs in your plugin and it still works great, the ability to go back and forth between ISMs and SMs so easily is invaluable :slight_smile:

Would love to know what I’m missing here!

Thanks.

You’re Welcome!

The latest is on github now :slight_smile:

Oops I think I made assumption that my preview 4.13 build would work in 4.13 official release but that’s probably not the case :slight_smile:

Will do that soon :slight_smile:

Whoa neat!

You re-enabled ISMs in 4.13 or 4.12 ?

I will have to try ISM editing in 4.13 soon!

Victory Plugin Updated to 4.13 Main Release!

Dear Community,

Hiii!

I’ve updated Victory Plugin to 4.13 Release!

Enjooooy!

**New Download for UE4 4.13 (55mb, Media Fire)**
https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

♥ Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you ♥

1. Win64 Development
2. Win64 Shipping  **<~~~~~~ NEW!**
3. Win32 Development
4. Win32 Shipping
4. HTML5 Development
5. HTML5 Shipping **<~~~~~~ NEW!**

Please see my instructions for [Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game](https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?3851-(39)--s-Extra-Blueprint-Nodes-for-You-as-a-Plugin-No-C-Required!&p=476476&viewfull=1#post476476).

Prior Engine Versions

**4.12: **VictoryPlugin12

**4.11: **VictoryPlugin11

**Donations can be sent to me via:**
http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

♥

, i have a question, the load level instance is great, but i was wondering if there’s any way to unload a level instance

@ … In both! They appear to be working fine :slight_smile:

However, I can only get them to work when I use your Victory ISM class. Making one in the editor by adding an ISM component to an Actor and making it the root appears to work at first, but when you save and reload the project the instances have disappeared. I have set the class in the project settings.

Any ideas on why that is?

Thanks

Thanks for getting out so fast ! And the save system, very excited to play around with both in 4.13 once the ocean system one is up to scratch!

Hey (or anyone that may be able to help),

I just downloaded and started using the Victory Plugin, using 4.13. Everything seems to be working properly and I can get most of the new nodes to work. However, when I try to use the ‘Capture 2D Save Image’ node provided by user way back in 2015 ( (39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required! - Blueprint - Epic Developer Community Forums ) I cannot get it to output any image files. I may be doing something wrong or misunderstanding how it works, but if anyone has any insight or help I would appreciate it.

Otherwise, thanks for the plugin! Lots of really helpful stuff in there!