(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Seeems awesome to me, can’t wait for your nearest convenience event! :slight_smile:
Thanks!!!
H.

Amazing plugin!
I installed it today and I was surprised when I saw how many custom nodes you made. :slight_smile:
Great job!

Mac Build Of Victory Plugin

Above is mac build of Victory Plugin!

[QUOTE=Ciano;535528]
Thanks for your fast reply!
becouse I use also the VictoryUMG plugin (color wheel) I didn't see any Mac version maybe I missed some something? ...about the "open file dialog" there is any  to do it with BluePrint or I have to go with c++ ?

In few words I'm doing a little demo where you can change the color of some parts of a model and load a custom texture from hdd to put on it as decal. I have   the stuff but I miss the load from hdd part.

Anyway thanks for  your support.
[/QUOTE]

Ahh, hmmm, I dont have a mac version of my Color wheel :)

Mac compile is not easy for me to do, my Victory plugin version was sort of a special event :)

[QUOTE=Harcarik;536024]
Seeems awesome to me, can't wait for your nearest convenience event! :)
Thanks!!!
H.
[/QUOTE]

Hee hee!

[QUOTE=Blue man;537106]
Amazing plugin!
I installed it today and I was surprised when I saw how many custom nodes you made.  :)
Great job!
[/QUOTE]

Woohoo!

I am glad you are enjoying it Blue Man!

:)

Do you maybe know why I can’t compile your plugin for 4.11 , I was able to compile it for 4.10 ?

Hi, what UE4 version do the latest download available for?
Is it made for 4.11.2 or 4.12?

Fixed it!
Just reinstalled Windows 8.1 SDK and now it works.

Hi ,
thanks a lot for your awesome plugin. Feels like you really enjoy sharing your good stuff with others, and that’s amazing.

I was wondering, is it possible to get triangle and uv data of a static mesh using your plugin and blueprints only?

I would like to use a static mesh as a template for procedural construction.
I’m trying to extract vertex, triangles and uvs data to create a new custom mesh with it, for then to modify specific vertices and triangles in the mesh. allows me to resize a wall keeping the original door size, as an example.
I’ve managed to do using custom vertex and triangle arrays, but data becomes “impossible” to handle (and to script) when dealing with complex meshes.

Is the best aproach? Maybe I’m missing something easier to achieve task.

is what I’m doing in an external App I’ve developed which deals with DAE files (Collada - XML), but vertex and triangle data are managed diferently in UE4 so I can’t use data.

Thanks again!

Wohoo! Congrats!

I have not yet added support for 4.12, it would have to be a separate upload to avoid removing people’s ability to download the current 4.11 build (only 1 file on media fire)

So answer = 4.11 :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

You’re welcome!

Can you explain more about what you mean by “I’ve managed to do using custom vertex and triangle arrays, but data becomes “impossible” to handle (and to script) when dealing with complex meshes.”

I’d like to know what issues you encountered so I can craft an appropriate solution.

:slight_smile:

Dear Community,

node is sufficiently cutting-edge that I decided to make a video of it!

node allows you to destroy individual pieces of a destructible mesh after it has been fractured!

Enjoy the video!

https://www./T6eQtoius1E

New Download (50.21mb, Media Fire)

Please note my downloads also include these packaged binaries:

1. Win64 Development
  2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
  3. Win32 Development
  4. Win32 Shipping
  5. HTML5 Development

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

Donations can be sent to me via:

:heart:

Is plug and play? For Windows 64bit.

BP Nodes From Me For You in 4.12 Main Release

Dear Community,

In 4.12 I made several contributions that you can now play with!

I submitted the C++ code for these on Github and Epic has now brought these nodes into the engine in 4.12!

So these are nodes you dont need my plugin for, they are available right now in 4.12!

Here’s a picture!

Actor Functions

Was Recently Rendered: Extremely powerful node to let you perform game code optimizations based on whether you know the actor is being rendered, or has been rendered recently. Actors that have not been rendered for awhile can stop running functionality that is important, but not if the actor has been out of view for a long !

Get Since Creation: is very useful for actors that you create during runtime and want to know how long they’ve been around for! Their runtime-lifetime basically :slight_smile:

**Vector2D Equality**

You can now compare two Vector2Ds in BP with a tolerance of your choosing!

Make Plane From Point and Normal**

There was no easy constructor for making a plane in BP, so I’ve now provided you with one!

It’s easy! Just recall that “normal” in context means the direction that is perpendicular to the surface of the plane, or basically the facing direction of the flat plane surface.

**Hud Draw Line With Thickness**

Now you can draw HUD lines with a thickness!

Reminder: IsPlayerControlled()

Dont forget about IsPlayerControlled() which got released in 4.11, I am hoping it will help you folks doing BP multiplayer out quite a bit, when it comes to AI vs players!

Victory Plugin for 4.12

Dear Community,

Yes!

It’s true!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Victory plugin for 4.12!

Enjooooy :slight_smile:

New Download for UE4 4.12 (42.47mb, Media Fire)

Please note my downloads also include these packaged binaries:

1. Win64 Development
  3. Win32 Development
  4. Win32 Shipping
  5. HTML5 Development

**Prior Engine Versions**

**4.11: **http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp91b9atphm2obt/VictoryPlugin11.zip

Thanks for the speedy update.

Vertex, Triangles, UVs and Normals arrays for Procedural Mesh = Nightmare

The main is that I’m doing everything manually, because I couldn’t find any other way around with blueprints only.
For example, I create an array of vertices with their coords. In another array I set the amount of triangles keeping the order relative to the vertices array. Then I create a Procedural Mesh with these arrays. Right now I can’t find a simple way to deal with UVs… anyway, I can get a nice cube (or similar) with collisions and some normals calculated by the “Calculate Mesh Tangents” node (I guess that’s the node name).

So… what’s the? The comes when dealing with 50 or more vertices (and not creating a simple cube). Let’s say that I want to resize the window hole of a wall, where I have other holes. In a mesh like the vertices count could reach to 80, and having an array with 80 vertices and links/cables attached to it is not fun at to work with. Plus, at first, I have to “guess” where each vertex goes and keep the right order to get a working mesh. Hours go by and my mesh still looks wrong… Finally when I have it “looking good”, Normals and UVs are wrong and materials won’t look good. In the end I have an “infinite” set of arrays, and if there was something wrong (like a vertex misplaced in the right order, or a miscalculation with triangle count and order) I have to start from scratch because of the workflow applied.

The main idea is to have a blueprint node to read data (vertices, triangles, uvs, normals) from a Static Mesh, and then create a new Procedural Mesh where I modify, lets say, vertex number 4 and 5 to make it wider… and vertex 6 and 7 to make it taller. That would keep the window and door holes when changing these sizes, without me having to set every vertex manually, just modifying the ones I need.

Right now I can make it work using the method explained (with the wrong uvs), but something that could take 30 minutes (with the right UVs!), took 2 days of my life (doing research of course) and I’m just working with a box with a hole. I can’t imagine doing with a full pack of meshes for my procedural level.

Your plugin solves the vertices problem, but I find it really complicated to deal with the right order for the triangles and the UVs.

Thank you for your interest in subject, it feels good to receive feedback!

(aaand sorry for the 5am english of a spanish speaker!)

Hi,

I tried to build the 4.12 version plugin but is what happens:

same Plus

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: D:\Users\dark5\Documents\Unreal Projects\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(11): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘HeadMountedDisplay.h’: No such file or directory
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\Users\dark5\Documents\Unreal Projects\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4-VictoryBPLibrary-Win64-Shipping.lib

Also tried what you wrote here. A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Update : Compiling a 32 Bit version first in visual studio then Packing in the Editor worked just fine but doing the 64 bit version i never can compile it because of some kind of error in the LIB file maybe its courpted? >…> i really need that 64 bit one to work i’ll keep experimenting with it

Never mind it just crashes when you run the exe. Is anyone else getting these issues with 4.12 and the updated plugin?

Hey , I’m hoping you can shed some light on an I’m having while attempting to use your plugin. I have a 4096x4096 texture imported from my image editor of choice, Krita, and have used your plugin to generate an array of pixels from the image. I then convert to hit location of a trace and find that within the array of pixels, determining the color of the pixel in the array at that coordinate. Now, works for pixels that have binary RGB values, such as (0, 1, 1) / (0, 255, 255) or (1, 0, 1) / (255, 0, 255). However, whenever I attempt to read to pixel color of a pixel in the texture that is anywhere between 0 and 1, the result is highly inaccurate to both UE4’s color picker, and my image editing software. sRGB is also turned off, and other requirements for the node to work are in effect.

I have attempted to use (0, .5, 0), in my image editing software, would be (0, 128, 0), and I then import the image. The pixel color result via your node comes out to something around (0, .29608, 0), and even when using UE4’s color picker on the ingame texture, I still come out to around .5~. Needless to say is due to the color profile in UE4 conflicting with the color profile of the image editing software I am using, but I don’t exactly know UE4’s color profile or how to convert my RGB from my software to the engine accurately. Relatedly, trying to use .bmp’s with the node crashes UE4.

Hello, It’s amazing to work with plugin. I’m trying to modify each pixel of a texture2D, getting the pixel with your tool, and saving that information overwriting the original image. In the editor, it works perfectly, but, If I compile the game, that stop working anymore.

¿The question is fow can I modify mi texture inruntime?

Thank you so much

Switched to UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard, Should Fix Packaging Issues

You’re welcome!

Switched to UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard, Should Fix Packaging Issues

Hi there!

I recently switched to Epic’s UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin coding standard!

The is that in 4.12 the build process is looking for some Intermediate files, I was told in the beta that you never should need Intermediate files in a release build, but that changed in more recent engine builds. (intermediate folder can be huge so avoiding packaging it was a big benefit)

It looks like in UE4 Marketplace C++ standard a very small number of intermediate files are included.

So my most recent release should fix these issues and is the same format being put on the Marketplace right now :slight_smile:

UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin standard in use as of date:

4.12 New Node ~ JoyIsKey ~ Streamlined Checking for Key values in UMG Overridden Functions

Dear Community,

I have a fun update for you today!

**UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard Now In Use!**

I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ standardized way of packaging plugins for distribution, for Victory plugin, which is for you!

JoyIsKey for Fast UMG Blueprint Coding

I do a lot of UMG coding (if you’ve not checked out my GetAllWidgetsOfClass node make sure to check it out!).

Well I wanted a streamlined way to check for Key equality off of the KeyEvent from overridden UMG functions.

So I created one!

And now you can enjoy it too!

My favorite part is that I supplied some key words in the C++ meta data, which means you can just type “==” off of the UMG input node and you will now get my single key equality check node!

**My C++ Code For You**

```

/** Handy helper to check if a Key Event was for specified Key ♥ */
UFUNCTION(BlueprintPure,Category="VictoryBPLibrary|UMG", meta = (Keywords = "== match same equal"))
static void JoyIsKey(const FKeyEvent& KeyEvent, FKey Key, bool& Match)
{    
	Match = KeyEvent.GetKey() == Key;
}

```

New Download for UE4 4.12 (55mb, Media Fire)

:heart: Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you :heart:

1. Win64 Development
  3. Win32 Development
  4. Win32 Shipping
  5. HTML5 Development
  6. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

**Prior Engine Versions**

**4.11: **http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp91b9atphm2obt/VictoryPlugin11.zip