(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Hi there Dannington! Congrats on your own coding victory!

I will investigate copying images and other data to the OS clipboard!

:slight_smile:

You should check out

NetDriver.h

/* @return network number */
virtual FString LowLevelGetNetworkNumber()

You can get netdriver with:

UNetDriver* Driver = ()->GetNetDriver();
if(Driver)
{

}

Hey - using an older version of your victory plugins kit;

I found that saving pixels to array node gives a bad image when saving it to the hard drive. . . . is when I’m saving a 2d texture that I am using inside my project, and saving it to the SAVED/CONFIG/WINDOWS/ as a .png with the below node setup. . . also showing what the picture turns out to be like.

If I DOWNLOAD the image (Right now I’m just using facebook image from a web URL) and do the same method, it works just fine… What would you suggest doing for method?

PURPOSE:
Using an avatar image for my logged in customer (multiplayer community) who’s avatar image would be locally stored onto the device whenever it is changed or initially set (game for first) - so as when he continuously logs into the game - it is already there and doesn’t need to be redownloaded or re-instantiated. . . just reads the filepath from the .ini file I am creating.

I actually found the solution HERE- one of your GLORIOUS victory plugin nodes you had posted on someone else’s forum post. Thanks again for sheer excellence !

Thanks for the answer on the plugin not working for 4.10. Then we successfuly made it to work.

We were using only few nodes where we accessed files via Victory Blueprints, but now we are using another approach and we don’t need the plugin anymore and it’s taking up 1.8GB.

But Unreal always crushes when we try to remove the Plugin.

There are three actions I can do:
1/ Remove these lines from DefaultEngine.ini
[/Script/Engine.Engine]
UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine

2/ Uncheck Plugin in Editor

3/ Delete VictoryPlugin from Plugins folder

I assume the correct order of these action is 1,2,3 according to wiki entry.

But there is one odd thing. The only case when editor doesn’t crash is when I have the Plugin checked in editor, and I don’t have any lines in DefaultEngine.ini file. Then if I try unchecking the plugin or deleting the VictoryPlugin folder the editor crashes.

You also written before “1. make sure plugin is at project level not engine level” but when I searched “C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10” for “Victory” I found nothing. I also searched file C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini for “Victory” without results. Can you help me please?

I’ve had kind of thing before, you need to check every blueprint for things like variables whose class no longer exists. Maybe you have a reference to a specific blueprint in there somewhere. I had the same problem when I tried to remove a now very unsupported epic plugin. There was one reference to specific blueprint class buried in a blueprint that was crashing the engine every.

You’re welcome Walldiv!

I am glad you got it working and are enjoying the plugin BP nodes!

Thanks for sharing research/info Dannington!

I hope it helps you VRPixel!

It does sound like there must be some BP node specific to the plugin left somewhere in your blueprints.

Also make sure you are not using any of the plugin specific classes still, like VictoryISM, VictoryPC, and VictoryTMapComp.

Draw Circle now an engine node!

Dear Community,

I submitted a C++ pull request to Epic to make Draw Debug Circle into a blueprint node, and now it has been released in 4.10!

From the 4.10 release notes:
“New: Blueprints can now draw circles via the Debug Draw Circle node.”

Here are some pics from my Victory BP Library version!

Make sure to check out “Draw Debug Circle!”

Enjoy!

Blueprint Node to Identify Graphics Card Brand of End User / Player

Dear Community,

I’ve just released a new node that lets you know the Graphics Card Brand of the end user!

Essentially, node will return the graphics card brand for whichever computer is running the UE4 engine at the that the node is run!

Currently works for AMD, NVIDIA, and Intel!

I also return the Vendor ID if the vendor is not one of the three above.

=HLsSvrBY4qc

**Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.16 mb) **
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Not using the latest engine version? Check out my wiki section on which plugin release dates go with which engine version!

**Plugin Release Dates and UE4 Engine Versions**
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/%27s_Vertex_Snap_Editor_Plugin#Plugin_Release_Dates_and_UE4_Engine_Versions

Victory Plugin Binaries for Packaged Games

**Victory Plugin on Media Fire**

**If your browser is not updating the Wiki download page** to the most recent version, you can use my alternative Media Fire download link!

Please note the mediafire version includes both the editor and packaged game binaries in the same file ♥ 

https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2

Donations

Donations can be sent to me via:

Enjoy!

Hey guys,
I am being unable to successfully install the victory ed engine part.
I keep getting error ---------->

I have got victoryplugin from here: VictoryPlugin
and the Victory Ed Engine from here: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Both links are taken from ramas victory plugin wiki. I don’t know what I am doing wrong. The victory plugin is available in the plugins menu of ue4 if I only copy paste its folder. Copying VictoryEDEngine folder gives me the incomparability error. I havent even gotten to the point of editing my DefaultEngine.ini.

Any help would really be appreciated guys!

Thanks

Any one? :frowning:

You have to be using a compatible engine version, what engine version are you using?

Dear Community,

I’ve just released two new nodes to help you with of your** collsion surface distance checks**!

These nodes let you easily tell how far a given point is from the actual PhysX surface of any UE4 game with collision / primitive component!

I’ve even given you a node that let’s you directly check the distance between the physical surfaces of two objects!

See pics!

These nodes work with Characters and Skeletal Mesh actors that have physics assets!

**Distance Between Surfaces Of Two Objects**

![6b63e52de9205cb6a07392fec3226bdf5fb84299.jpeg|1273x835](upload://fk173M0m6T8zQVYU8Estu6uKiUh.jpeg)

![SurfaceDistanceBetweenBP.jpg|1275x712](upload://ywRLLph4drEwZXiZR6GnrLeasFk.jpeg)

**World Point Distance To Collision Of Any **

**My C++ For You**

Here's the C++ code for my algorithm to get the distance between the colliding surfaces of any two objects!

```

float UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::GetDistanceBetweenComponentSurfaces(UPrimitiveComponent* CollisionComponent1, UPrimitiveComponent* CollisionComponent2, FVector& PointOnSurface1, FVector& PointOnSurface2)
{
	if(!CollisionComponent1 || !CollisionComponent2) 
        {
            return -1;
        } 

//Closest Point on 2 to 1
	CollisionComponent2->GetDistanceToCollision(CollisionComponent1->GetComponentLocation(), PointOnSurface2);

//Closest Point on 1 to closest point on surface of 2
	return CollisionComponent1->GetDistanceToCollision(PointOnSurface2, PointOnSurface1);
}

_

```

**Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.16 mb) **

Not using the latest engine version? Check out my wiki section on which plugin release dates go with which engine version!

Plugin Release Dates and UE4 Engine Versions

**Victory Plugin Binaries for Packaged Games**

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPluginPackaged.zip

Victory Plugin on Media Fire

If your browser is not updating the Wiki download page to the most recent version, you can use my alternative Media Fire download link!

Please note the mediafire version includes both the editor and packaged game binaries in the same file :heart:

**Donations**

Donations can be sent to me via:
http://lightningfitness.org/donate/

Enjoy!

:)

Gamepad UMG Project up to 4.10 Now

Dear Community,

I’ve updated my complimentary plugin to 4.10, which lets you easily use a gamepad as if it was a mouse cursor in UMG!

Now you can navigate UMG using a gamepad with great ease!

See video for details!

https://www./35-D6ZZHedI

Hey!

Thanks for your reply! I am was using 4.10 and now am using 4.10.1 and still facing the same.
I thought your victoryEdEngine was compatible with 4.10 but please tell me if I am mistaken, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again.

does it have the of detecting the game pad ?

Hey. Thank you so much for your efforts towards the community. I have a suggestion for you :). I bet many of us who make multiplayer games and won’t use the session needs to get Ping of the server. It would be really helpfull if there were a node where you can write the URL and then the node would return the ping to that URL. What do you think?

Thanks

I am unable to reproduce at the moment, VictoryEdEngine 4.10 is working great for me with test projects and downloads from the wiki of the plugin :slight_smile:

If anyone else has any ideas please let kabir know!

UE4 detects the gamepad :slight_smile:

is a great idea!! Adding to my list! :slight_smile:

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Dear Community,

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Happy holidays!

And even if its not a holiday where you are, I hope you have fun during these next few days too!

Hey,

just having a with your plugin. If I want to use it on source code unreal it keeps saying “incompatible or missing files” on version 4.10.1. But if I use it on unreal side built it works and no error shows up. Any fixes already? :frowning:

Thanks.

Hey guys,

So I found post on answer hub with some going through the same problem as me. Apparently he was able to fix it by having some one recompile it. Unfortunately my skills are limited if not down right absent when it comes to C++ and programming, so repeated attempts to compile through visual studio with zero knowledge is not really working out well. .

I was wondering if some one could do me a favour and quickly recompile the VictoryEdEngine and upload it, I would really appreciate it. Or if some one can tell me how to compile it, that would also be helpful.

here is the link to answer hub post with the same as me.

Thanks to any one who can help in advance!

68492-error.png