(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

I’v found the ParticleSystemComponent has no GetColorParameter in blueprint, but only the Set one.
So I think one will be a nice addition to the plugin:

FLinearColor UMyBlueprintFunctionLibrary::GetParticleSystemColorParameter(UParticleSystemComponent* particleSystem_, FName name_)
{
	if (!particleSystem_)
		return FLinearColor::Black;

FLinearColor color_;
	particleSystem_->GetColorParameter(name_, color_);
	return color_;
}

Also, for better debugging, please check request I’v posted in the “Feedback for epic” subforum, If you could implement that somehow, that would be great!

Hey I have an update on the level streaming transform not working and it’s a doozy.

If you use the default constructor for FRotator the function silently fails and does not transform your.

invocation will fail

if (!LoadLevelInstance(
			(),
			mapsFolder,
			mapName,
			levelIdx,
			positionOffset,
			FRotator()
			))

will succeed

if (!LoadLevelInstance(
			(),
			mapsFolder,
			mapName,
			levelIdx,
			positionOffset,
			FRotator(0,0,0)
			))

EDIT : Apologies if I polluted thread. I’m a little new and may not have the right etiquette. Should I have started a new thread for ?

Naw, is the right place for it. :slight_smile:

Hee hee!

You’re welcome !

I already created a set of debug messages to give you class function and also exact line number here:

How to get a UE4 FString of Calling Class Function and Line Number

is strange! And its true of the gets, GetFloat, GetVector, etc very odd indeed.

I’ll look into further :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

**Thanks for sharing your research AlexM! **

It will surely help others out!

Get a Hard-drive accurate listing of Save Game Objects!

Get a Hard-drive accurate listing of Save Game Objects!

Dear Community,

node gives you a hard-drive accurate listing of save game files that you’ve created!

I am referring to UE4’s Save system!

You can now access a full listing in a developer build or in a packaged game, to know the save files that have been saved!

These save files are stored in GameDir/Saved/SaveGames

**UE4 Blueprint Save System?**

If you did not know, you can use UE4's save system like :

1. Create a new blueprint based on SaveGame
2. Add your variables to the blueprint that you want to save the values of
3. in level BP or some other blueprint, create a save game , and set the values of that 
4. Save   to a Save Game Slot, as shown in my pictures
5. You can load a save game  from a Slot name at any!

6.** Now with my new Victory BP Library, you can obtain a full listing of  existing save games as stored on your computer's hard disk! ** let's you know whether a file exists before you try to load it! You can also find out how many save files exist from within BP!

**Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: **

**Latest plugin packaged binaries, Win32 Shipping and Win64 Development on UE4 Wiki: **

**Victory Plugin on Media Fire**

If your browser is not updating the Wiki download page to the most recent version, you can use my alternative Media Fire download link!

**Editor binaries and Packaged binaries in one file:**
   *Win32 Shipping and Win64 Development Supported*
https://www.mediafire.com/?g6uf9kt5ueb2upj

Enjoy!

:)

Thanks is awesome!

Here is an other idea for a new node!
Make debug nodes that have Thickness input.
For the moment you can adjust the thickness only to DebugLines.
Just just you did your circle, use your math magic powers :stuck_out_tongue:

Sometimes I wonder how much of the victory plugin would be converted back to blueprint and setup as a BP macro library and BP function libary. Could be useful in its own right and would help one make the move from BP’s to C++ easily since theres so few C++ beginner tuts out there for UE4.

I beleive only draw debug line 3d does that and isnt used in traces. But im just guessing.

How about nodes that handle In-app purchases or maybe tutorials on the subject…? I’m clueless on how to use the nodes provided and the documentation doesn’t add up nor does the posts on the forums.

Boy am I glad I randomly stumbled onto thread. your custom nodes might just allow me to make the game I have been wishing I could make. Thank you so much .

Hi!

I’m packaging my game to win32 shipping and I have already merged your victorypluginpackaged contents into the original victoryplugin folder.
I’m getting error while trying to play the packaged game:

Failed to open descriptor file
‘…/…/…/Gamename-Win32-Shipping/Gamename-Win32-Shipping.uproject’

Any ideas?
Thanks.

also happens without the plugin…

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/262680/failed-to-open-descriptor-file-error.html

You’re welcome ChristianV!

Yay!

Welcome to the Forums!

's ISM Editor is Back! Fully Operational in Plugin! Packages!

's Instanced Static Mesh Editor

A while back I added an Instanced Static Mesh Editor to my Vertex Snap Editor Plugin, which is now a separate plugin from Victory BP Library:

Victory Ed Engine ~ Vertex Snapping and Instanced Static Mesh Editor

There was a bug in my setup that prevented the Instanced Static Meshes from working in a packaged game, and I’ve now fixed that bug!

So now my Victory ISM Editor is fully operational for your level-making needs!

You can now easily manipulate Instanced Static Mesh instances in the level viewport in world space!

And it works in a packaged game!

New Video I Filmed Today!
=mYj_kaLDZZ4

Original Video Introducing the Concept of Instanced Static Mesh
=iC1sjgalEJg

**Super-Efficient Way to Render 1000s of Meshes!**

In  video you can see my frame rate go from 9 fps with 1500 static mesh actors in the scene, back to over 100 fps, with the simple press of a key! And  the geometry in the level is preserved!

You can now easily create a super efficient instanced static mesh from a selection of regular static meshes, and also undo the process to make individual edits!

**I explain everything in the video!**

Installation Instructions

Enjoy!

New Video About My Instanced Static Mesh Editor! <3

Dear Community,

Make sure to check out my new video about how my Instanced Static Mesh Editor now works in packaged games!

Yay!

New Video I Filmed Today!
=mYj_kaLDZZ4

You can download my Vertex Snap and Instanced Static Mesh Editor Plugin ehre!

Epic Wiki Download Link

Looks very awesome! Can I use it in runtime?

I want to be able to use it in my mapbuilder so after building a level out of a lot of cubes, the user can merge them and get better performances.

Hi, thanks for plugin, its nice. It would be great if you could state which unreal versions are supported for each version of the plugin. I now had to manually try a few until it did build for 4.8.3