(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

, take the hugs I have! Great job!
Since I don’t know anything about instanced meshes, I would like to ask if it only works with meshes of the same kind? So I can’t instance different meshes, right?

Greetings,

I still have no idea what is, what it does, or why I would want it, even after reading 3 pages of docs.

But looking through thread it seems that has something good, and given it away, so thanks from a future version of me, who knows what it’s about and is using it.
:slight_smile:

The ISM tool is seriously amazing. I was able to take a level with a lot of scaled around meshes (cave made out of rocks) and quickly go through and turn them into ISMs - performance got a huge boost. It will also be super useful for hand editing the random-gen levels that the Turn Based Strategy Example spits out (I modified it so you can run it in editor to generate levels at design- and hand-edit them). Before I was having to figure out their coordinates and then find the instance that way, manually!

Edit: It would be awesome if you could make it so it was possible to select individual instances after an ISM is made and translate/scale/rotate them without converting back. But that’s just gravy.

Yes each instanced static mesh can only be instancing a single static mesh asset, but you can make as many instanced static meshes as you want using my system, and fast to!

I pick the static mesh asset from the first static mesh actor that you have selected when you press the i key :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=;247275]
The ISM tool is seriously amazing. I was able to take a level with a lot of scaled around meshes (cave made out of rocks) and quickly go through and turn them  into ISMs - performance got a huge boost. It will also be super useful for hand editing the random-gen levels that the Turn Based Strategy Example spits out (I modified it so you can run it in editor to generate levels at design- and hand-edit them). Before I was having to figure out their coordinates and then find the instance that way, manually!

Thanks  :)

[/QUOTE]

Yaaay! Glad you like!

If you'd like to see  in the Engine, make sure to share your beneficial experience on Github itself!

/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/917

Finally added your plugin to a project and got it working right. I just added a c++ function, then copied the victoryplugin directory over to my project and like magic VS picked up that it was there and added it to the sln.

So now I can use some of the BP nodes you have made, which is great since I find them to be necessary stuff that should be standard.

I will probably at some point pull the editor stuff out, as I am not using that part of the plugin, so no need to add extra code to the build.

Thanks.

That’s great to hear! Have fun today!

Get Current Operating System

annnnd

Get Milliseconds/Seconds/Minutes/Hours Passed Since Previous Recorded!

These two nodes can be used to

1. obtain the current local Operating System for your computer.

2. obtain the amount of milliseconds/seconds/minutes/hours that have passed since the you recorded for the first node! You can stores as many times as you want! They are simply stored as a string!

You can use these two nodes to record down to the sub-millisecond the amount of passing between game events!

**The milliseconds portion is a float, so you can record far smaller than 1 millisecond!

In the attached picture I record the amount of real-world between two play sessions! :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

How can I delete the section inside the config file. I tried delete the section by editing the Game.ini but everytime I add or modify the config file using BP nodes, the previous sections comes back.

Thanks,

I am looking into the matter and will post when I have more info

EDIT: I dont see any easy way to remove the cached version of the added section names, upon quick glance I did not see the values being stored in any default ini at the project level.

There do not appear to be any built in functions for deleting a section, if someone finds such a function let me know!

Anyone who has more to look into , please investigate ConfigCacheIni.h and also see if they can find where the saved version of the sections and values is going!

Get a Hard-drive accurate listing of Save Game Objects!

Get a Hard-drive accurate listing of Save Game Objects!

Dear Community,

I’ve released a new node that gives you a hard-drive accurate listing of save game files that you’ve created!

I am referring to UE4’s Save system!

You can now access a full listing in a developer build or in a packaged game, to know the save files that have been saved!

These save files are stored in GameDir/Saved/SaveGames

**UE4 Blueprint Save System?**

If you did not know, you can use UE4's save system like :

1. Create a new blueprint based on SaveGame
2. Add your variables to the blueprint that you want to save the values of
3. in level BP or some other blueprint, create a save game , and set the values of that 
4. Save   to a Save Game Slot, as shown in my pictures
5. You can load a save game  from a Slot name at any!

6.** Now with my new Victory BP Library, you can obtain a full listing of  existing save games as stored on your computer's hard disk! ** let's you know whether a file exists before you try to load it! You can also find out how many save files exist from within BP!

Enjoy!

node is awesome for managing saved games ! Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

[COLOR=“#0000FF”]Draw Thick Circle With Axis Control[/COLOR]

Fun node for you!

With node you can draw circles!

And you can control their thickness, as well as how many points make up the circle!

You can also have axis control!

So you can draw circles horizontally, vertically, at angles, any way you like, with convenient BP node inputs!

See pics!

Hehe, nice node XD

Thanks for the plugin ! Rock rock

I still can’t get Linux to compile.
Error 3 error : Failed to produce item: \Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Binaries\Linux\libRandom-VictoryBPLibrary-Static.a

I tried the last five versions of the plugin. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your!

That’s not my fault, Epic has not instituted copying of instanced static mesh components and retaining instancing information yet.

If you try drag-copying an instanced static mesh you will see what I mean.

Unless I do a pull request and Epic accepts it there’s no way I can fix , it is best if you report to Epic via Answerhub or feedback thread.

:slight_smile:

Please post the whole compile error list and then maybe I can help!

Thanks for any help. Maybe it’s because I’m using 4.7.2? You are on 4.7.1 right?

Epic Needs to fix the PhysX Errors!

@Parvan

Oh!

These are the PhysX errors!

** is a problem that Epic has to fix!**

1>ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/unix/PxUnixIntrinsics.h(92,10): error : use of undeclared identifier 'isfinite'; did you mean 'isFinite'?
1> return isfinite(a);
1> ^~~~~~~~
1> isFinite
1> ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/unix/PxUnixIntrinsics.h(90,23) : note: 'isFinite' declared here
1> PX_FORCE_INLINE bool isFinite(float a)
1> ^
1>ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/unix/PxUnixIntrinsics.h(98,10): error : use of undeclared identifier '**isfinite**'; did you mean '****isFinite****'?
1> return isfinite(a);
1> ^~~~~~~~
1> isFinite
1> ThirdParty/PhysX/PhysX-3.3/include\foundation/unix/PxUnixIntrinsics.h(90,23) : note: 'isFinite' declared here
1> PX_FORCE_INLINE bool isFinite(float a)

In the short term you can go into the relevant PhysX files and change isfinite to IsFinite yourself ( do so at your own risk, let me know how it goes )

PS: add your voice here to get addressed faster by Epic

Thank you ! Hopefully they get a fixin. Hehe

First of thanks , great work!

Is there any that you can tell us which file to download to get it working with 4.6.1? :slight_smile:

Dear ,

Can you pls do a node to get a String Array of level names that can be loaded via “Open Level”?

Something like “Get Names of Loaded Levels”, but only “Get names of Levels”