(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

thanks , awesome :slight_smile:

Youā€™re awesome !

I love how you take requests and then add even more!

If you donā€™t mind I could post some updates here to show how your plugin is helping me with the project.
And thank you very much again!

Sure Iā€™d love to see how my plugin has helped you in thread!

Anyone else feel free to post pics/videos of your projects that have been facilitated by my plugin!

:heart:

. Big trouble. Now my project is stuck in a rock & a hard place. It cannot be open after converting to 4.5. Said your dll files are build with a different engine version. WHen I said rebuild them, it fails, with a cannot be compiled error.

Have you updated your plug in in for 4.5 already?

4.5 Update Released

The latest version of my plugin is now on 4.5!

Enjoy!

PS: let me know how it goes now!

Thanks , you are the man, I will try out tonight!

Edit: Works!!! Thanks again.

Yaaay!

Youā€™re welcome!

**New Node

Get Static Mesh Vertex Locations!**

Dear CatchPhyre,

As per your request I have now made a node to get the rotated,scaled,translated positions of vertices of a static mesh!

** node is live in the current most recent plugin version!**

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Please refer carefully to my picture of how to set up node correctly!

**Pictures**

![560b4f2b24fb116ffc5c2ddfd4f04754501ad6c2.jpeg|967x742](upload://chbi83K9r7yN6RpDf900WV9lpJM.jpeg)

![75e2b513ac387b6a626ff0e14fe5743f8f3e6a2b.jpeg|1280x960](upload://gORA6cRKTZxgajgGapD8D7bjC2v.jpeg)

Enjoy!

PS

[QUOTE=Skuba;160985]
Thx for the plugin !
[/QUOTE]

You're welcome!

**[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Congrats on your first post, welcome to the forums!**

:)

Hello , sorry to bother you again, I got error when I try to launch my game (in the editor its fine).

VoctoryError.JPG

Only to ask if the Victory Library is not really for ā€˜launchā€™. or I may missed some setup/steps.

you are incredible, just so you know! Thank you for your work! Itā€™s really handy ^^

You will get that error until Epic makes plugins compatible with BP only projects :slight_smile:

Till then you canā€™t package your game properly, itā€™s something Iā€™m told Epic should have before the new year :slight_smile:

affects plugins, thereā€™s nothing I can do about it :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=;164722]
 you are incredible, just so you know! Thank you for your work! It's really handy ^^
[/QUOTE]

Hee hee! 

Great to hear from you !

ā™„

Thanks for the swift response. I am sure Epic will do something about plug-ins.

New BP Nodes for Spawning Actors in Sublevels!

node will spawn an actor from a class into a sublevel of your choosing!

**Download Link**

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Ease of Use

You can simply enter the name of the sublevel!

**Bonus**

I've created a node that returns an array of the names of  levels that are currently loaded and visible!

In  way you can figure out what exact name to use with my SpawnActorInLevel node!

File Size Reduction

I reduced the file size of my plugin dramatically by removing the debug files. Plugin will still package great!

And now the plugin is < 500kb in size.

So the most recent upload is actually a valid file!

Enjoy!

:heart:

Hi ,

Thatā€™s pretty cool the file size has dropped significantly. By the way no problems here, Victory Plugin updated to 4.5 and the custom plugin you created for my project still works no problems. I can still package your plugins for shipping 32bit and 64bit builds using the engine compiled from source as a C++ project.

Thanks

Great to hear from you Isaac!

I am glad my Flying AI plugin is working for you!

Thanks for sharing!

:slight_smile:

~~

**2 New Nodes For You

Create UObject

Create Primitive Component, Added to Scene at Location!**

These two nodes let you create UObjects at runtime!

Please note you absolutely must save off the return value to a variable or UE4 will Garbage Collect your new UObject within a short!

Please especially note that if you create a Primitive Component, I actually add it to the world for you so it is visible and has collision!

**C++ Code For You**

Here's the code!

```

UObject* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::**CreateObject**(UObject* WorldContextObject,UClass* TheObjectClass, FName Name)
{
	if(!TheObjectClass) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//using a context  to get the world!
    UWorld* const World = GEngine->GetWorldFromContextObject(WorldContextObject);
	if(!World) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~

return StaticConstructObject( TheObjectClass, World, Name);
}

```

```

UPrimitiveComponent* UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::**CreatePrimitiveComponent**(
	UObject* WorldContextObject, 
	TSubclassOf<UPrimitiveComponent> CompClass, 
	FName Name,
	FVector Location, 
	FRotator Rotation
){
	if(!CompClass) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//using a context  to get the world!
    UWorld* const World = GEngine->GetWorldFromContextObject(WorldContextObject);
	if(!World) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~

UPrimitiveComponent* NewComp = ConstructObject<UPrimitiveComponent>( CompClass, World, Name);
	if(!NewComp) return NULL;
	//~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NewComp->SetWorldLocation(Location);
	NewComp->SetWorldRotation(Rotation);
	NewComp->RegisterComponentWithWorld(World);

return NewComp;
}

```

ā™„

Hereby iā€™m expressing my gratitude for these plugins , and mostly that record node which saved me alot of hassle .
Cheers.

Sir, very good job on the blueprints nodes. Since you probably donā€™t have to explain how you created your own custom functions, where would you go to learn how to create custom blueprint Nodes? The oneā€™s in the editor work just fine but i donā€™t just want to depend on them. Thx!

Itā€™s actually pretty easy. In you VS game project you can create something like :

#pragma once

#include "YourGameBlueprintLibrary.generated.h"

UCLASS()
class YOURGAME_API UYourGameBlueprintLibrary : public UBlueprintFunctionLibrary
{
	GENERATED_UCLASS_BODY()

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, meta = (FriendlyName = "Hello World!!", Keywords = "String Hello World"), Category = Game)
	static FString HelloWorld(FString String = FString("Hello!"));

};

#include "YourGame.h"
#include "YourGameBlueprintLibrary.h"

UYourGameBlueprintLibrary::UYourGameBlueprintLibrary(const class FPostConstructInitializeProperties& PCIP)
: Super(PCIP)
{

}

FString UYourGameBlueprintLibrary::HelloWorld(FString String)
{
	return String;
}

Well i feel stupid, cause i do not understand written code in i guess c++, But the answer given is pretty much what iā€™m looking for, now just need to do research to understand it, or write code out properly.