(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

I think his title suits him rather well actually!! :wink:

.PNG&stc=1

Hee heee!

Hee hee!

Thanks for the contributions!

I hope it is now clear to others that they are free to contribute nodes as well that I will maintain engine version to engine version!

:heart:

Get Screen Resolutions Now Works in Packaged Game

My Get Screen Resolution Nodes works in packaged games now!

In 4.3 the core function in C++ was not working in BP, but now it is! Epic fixed it!

Enjoy getting the screen resolutions of the end userā€™s hardware in your game now!

It is obtained from the userā€™s display adapter directly! No guessing or preset values!

:slight_smile:

Get OS Platform

Platforms you can check for:

**Windows
Mac
Linux

PS4
XBoxOne

iOS
Android

HTML5

WIN RT
WIN RT ARM**

Enjoy!

Request

I really hate to be greedy, but at the same simple functionality would go miles for me.

Please implement a node for loading from a file. Similar to the one you have for writing to a file.

The plugin is Awesome - Thanks !

I was wondering if anyone more knowledgable than me could help me with a small question?

Iā€™m attempting to get the plugin to compile on an with a Tegra4. With the plugin enabled it wonā€™t compile, but I can compile without it enabled. I donā€™t have a lot of tablet experience.

My engine version is 4.4.0

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!
-Tad

*Edit - I figured out the problem - stupid me used a wrong version of the plugin when I pasted it into my temp project directory. If you see problem with others, Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s what the problem was. Thanks for the great plugin.

-Tad

You mean loading a text file from hard disk?

I can do that!

I can even parse each line as a separate line in an array of strings, any preferences there?

Please confirm b4 I invest any in it :slight_smile:

I am glad you got it figured out, and you are welcome!

Oh wow yes, parsing each line as a separate line in an array of strings would be absolutely perfect!

<3 you . I really appreciate how much you contribute to community and to me personally. (Whether you realize it or not :wink: )

You are the best ! :slight_smile:

@ - Iā€™m currently trying to read image files out of a .zip archive. Right now Iā€™m using a third party library (miniz), but it doesnā€™t handle the file IO properly for UE4ā€™s purposes.

Is there a way to load in a ZIP and get the files out of it/uncompress them in the engine somewhere? Iā€™ve tried looking in the docs and API a lot, but the archive related functionality is pretty opaque to me. I just need to know if thereā€™s a way to do it with the engine classes, as right now I have it hacked to load the zip using the built in functionality (load to binary array ala your save/load system), and then use minizā€™s initialization from memory, but it seems to fail somewhere along the way.

Iā€™m not looking forward to rewriting the little library to use UE4ā€™s file and memory functionality, but if thereā€™s nothing in the engine for what I need to do (just load a zip, get a list of files, uncompress them to the head as binary data).

Any tips you could give me would be much appreciated - Iā€™m going to be updating my TextureFromDisk functionality to handle other files than DDS, but I canā€™t test that until I get the zip loading working.

Edit: Miniz was failing because it was using the stock memcpy - but when I tried including something into miniz.c in order to get access to UEā€™s FMemory functions, it caused a bunch of compilation errors.

For now Iā€™ve decided to rewrite other library, JUnzip, with UE4 file IO classes, since it seems of the libraries available rely on regular file/memory access.

Edit #2: Got it working :slight_smile: Iā€™m going to be working on more advanced support and building out my comic book reader. Iā€™ll probably release the zip plugin on the marketplace for a few bucks.

Hey !

Love plugin! We have been using since you first released it!

Just recently, (today really), we officially have a combination BP and C++ project going, as we discovered we needed C++ to the more trickier things we want to do. With the plugin installed though, Visual Studio is not able to compile the editor. I do know the source is given with the plugin, do we just copy the the contents on the source folder in your Plugin folder, so our projectā€™s ā€œSourceā€ folder? Just looking for some clarification.

Thanks so much!

The plugin should be at Engine\Plugins\VictoryPlugin with the Source folder inside of that, then you just need to GenerateProjects.bat.

It seems that GenerateProjects.bat is an engine source only? We currently arenā€™t using the engine source. We added to plugin to C:\Programs Files\Unreal\Engine\Plugins and we are still getting compile issues.

We were making a BP only project, and used the ā€œAdd Codeā€ functionality, which creates the Source folder in our project folder.

Well, if youā€™re actually needing to compile the editor, you will need the source version, yeah. It wonā€™t work as far as I know by just converting a binary only content project to source, and just trying to compile that.

Edit: You should be able to just get the Github version, compile it, and then open your project in it as normal - it should see it in the list of projects. It may need conversion as it might not consider it the same version as whatever your project was set up against.

Hi there! I am glad you enjoy my plugin!

1. ā€œWe added to plugin to C:\Programs Files\Unreal\Engine\Plugins and we are still getting compile issues.ā€

I recommend putting it in YourProject/Plugins, then try compiling again.

1. ā€œand used the ā€œAdd Codeā€ functionality, which creates the Source folder in our project folder.ā€

Iā€™d recommend making an actual C++ project if the above does not work!

Let us know how it goes!

PS: thanks for the forum help !

I will work on shortly!

Been quite busy lately :slight_smile:

Lot of C++ AI programming to do :slight_smile:

**New Node Release

Load String Array From Text File**

1. Loads a String Array from a Text File, where each entry in the array is one line from the file!

2. Option to specify that white space lines should be ignored, tested and working! (only checks spaces and newlines at moment)

3. Returns the size of the String array that was created!

4. Returns false if the file could not be opened

Picture:

Enjoy!

PS: re-download the plugin from the link in first post to get update!

Node created as per request:

, collection of plugins is absolutely killer :slight_smile: Thank you so much for working on them!

If you are still taking ideas for nodes to make, Iā€™ve been contemplating one that might be really handy:

Currently, itā€™s not very easy to comment your nodes effectively if it canā€™t be summed up in a few short sentences because of the way the current comment ā€˜nodeā€™ formats the text.

I think there are a ton of times when it would be super handy to be able to place something in a blueprint that basically acted like a multi-line text box. Basically exactly like the comment boxes you can already make with two important differences: The text would not keep scale as you zoom out (comment boxes do , and it works ok for single lines but thats about it). And you shouldnā€™t be constrained to only a couple lines at most.

is a great idea Hyperloop!

I think you should probably post in the feedback section or on answerhub, because I dont think I can modify the way Blueprints do their rendering without having to modify the engine code in a way that would be pushing the limits of what plugins can do :slight_smile:

@, have you found a solution for doing a Blueprint Implementable Event in a Blueprint Library? I can make a static FTimerDelegate, but the mutli-cast delegates and the event ones donā€™t play nice with the static declaration.